Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry everyone I've searched and have'nt found the answer to this question. Can two 100w aftermarket foglights be hooked directly to my stock harness and switch with no other alteration?:cool:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
answer

Well, I'm not an elec wizard but here's what I've determined. (2)x 100 watts= 200watts/ 12 volts=16.6 amps. Our stock foglight circuit is 15 amps, so two 100 watt foglights is a no go. I ordered two 55 watt PIAA 540 series. (2)x55= 110 watts/ 12 volts=9.1 amps, within the stock circuits limits, so all shouild be well. For comparison, the stock foglights are 42 watts (2)x42=84watts/12=7 amps.:cool:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
If I'm not mistaken, there's already a relay in the engine compartment fusebox. I think it should be good as is, other than removing the connectors that hook to the stock lights and installing the PIAAs. I should have stated that I installed a winch bumper and could not reuse the stock fogs. I was unsure what wattage our stock harness could handle. I hope this info is useful to others who would like to have a simple soloution to using aftermarket fogs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts