Toyota Nation Forum banner

Aftermarket halo projectors with HID

1508 Views 9 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Kataleen
Hello all,
I currently have an 07 Camry LE and I want to change the stock headlights with halo projector headlights and also 8000k HID for the low beam (I like the bluish tint although I know it may induce fatigue on longer rides)

I found these on ebay sold by eagle motorsport:
8000K Slim HID 2007-2009 Toyota Camry Dual CCFL Halo Projector BLK HeadLights
http://www.ebay.com/itm/8000K-Slim-...L-Halo-Projector-BLK-HeadLights-/231018145023

I have to admit that I am new to custom parts but I did a lot of learning on this forum and of course educational videos on youtube. I will install them myself, since I am comfortable taking off the bumper and headlights.

I would like to appeal to your experience in these matters and learn what should I look out for when tackling this project.

The way I see it I should take off bumper, take off headlights, install new ones, install bulbs, connect ballasts, put bumper back and done.

I am a bit concerned about connectors and how the halos are connected. Any ideas?

Thank you for your help!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
438 Posts
From what I've seen is that those aftermarket projectors are a waste. I installed some modded rx330 projectors and its a huge improvement over the stock lights. It wasn't easy but or cheap but I think its worth it.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not extremely concerned about the light output being lower, but if would be concerned about blinding other drivers with the glare.
However, more important for me now is the the installation aspect of this, even if I decide to switch to different headlights/bulbs, i would like to be prepared for any incompatibilities I may encounter. I'm thinking cable connectors/headlight fit/other necessary components that I may need when installing the headlights linked above (or any similar kits for that matter)

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate any suggestions though.

· Low & Slow Cam
2009 Camry Le
2,754 Posts
Aftermarket headlights, the projectors in them aren't the quality like OEM. The aftermarket projectors inside the headlights are cheaper quality although the headlight may look cool its not the quality of OEM. Also the projectors aren't designed for hid bulbs, they are made for halogen bulbs. As stated above putting a hid bulb into the halogen projectors will cause glare to oncoming drivers.

You said that you live the bluish tint color, that is not achieve by replacing the bulbs with 8k bulbs, it may look like it but it's not. To achieve the bluish color you see on cars like Lexus, and Acura. The hid projectors are what makes that color flicker effect, not the bulb itself. They are using stock 4300k bulbs. Plus the higher kelvins you go the less light visibility you will get.

I myself have a RX330 hid projector retrofit in my headlights. I love it.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll take that into consideration. Thanks
Any advice on installation of new headlights? I'd like to change them too with something a bit more different than stock. I'm looking at black (back casing) headlights or smoked, although I'd rather stay away from smoked as they may melt if bulbs get too hot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.