Toyota Nation Forum banner

Aftermarket Muffler/Resonator, How Safe?

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Zipper Fairy 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I'm looking to replace my mufflers with something like the Magnaflow 14829. I have been trying to do as much of my own research as possible, but I have been finding mixed results.

I have a 2009 V6 Camry SE. I'm certain I want the Magnaflow muffler w/tip, but I am unsure about a resonator delete or aftermarket Magnaflow resonator.

I am really fond of the sound without a resonator, but I don't really want to mess much with the exhaust back pressure, change how the car runs, require a tune, etc. I think the engineers at Toyota designed the system a specific way for a reason.

Does a resonator delete really mess with how the car runs, back pressure, etc? Would I be better off with an aftermarket Magnaflow resonator in addition to the muffler? Should I just leave the stock resonator? What would change the exhaust system drastically enough to matter?

Sorry for all of the questions haha, I'm pretty new to cars :p I know what I like aesthetically, but I have no idea when it comes to the mechanical implications of this stuff!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.