Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the JBL radio and I’m not sure how to install this is there an adapter that I need?
I included photos of the old head unit and the new after market head unit

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have the JBL radio and I’m not sure how to install this is there an adapter that I need?
I included photos of the old head unit and the new after market head unit
The head unit is from snrubi

·
Registered
38 Posts
Have you ever installed an aftermarket stereo before? You need an adapter harness about 99% of the time. They are usually $5-9. You might need other sort of cable adapters for the antennae (good time & GPS). It is extremely rare to find a true “plug & play” aftermarket stereo.

·
Premium Member
2021 Avalon XSE Hybrid
4,880 Posts
+1
Metra probably makes what you need, but splicing everything together can be tedious.
The adapter harness will include connectors to mate with the car's harness. You need to splice those on to the harness that came with the new head unit.
You should not have to (and should never) cut the wiring in the car.

·
Premium Member
2021 Avalon XSE Hybrid
4,880 Posts
If your factory system is JBL, that complicates things. Your head unit likely feeds an amplifier hidden under the seat or dash. It may be a digital amplifier, and likely is not compatible with the Snrubi head unit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is factory JBL, I haven’t installed an aftermarket head unit before. Would I still get the metra adapter for it? And which one would I get. Sorry I’m new to this stuff, Willing to learn but kinda stuck on how to progress.

·
Registered
09 Corolla Base 17 Camry SE
2,796 Posts
It is factory JBL, I haven’t installed an aftermarket head unit before. Would I still get the metra adapter for it? And which one would I get. Sorry I’m new to this stuff, Willing to learn but kinda stuck on how to progress.
Check with Crutchfield.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright thanks guys, I will check it out and let you guys know if it works out!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts