Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I am new here. I just bought a 2002 Toyota Avalon XLS and has a clunking in what sounds like the left rear so I would guess it is a strut. I am curious if anyone has used a cheaper strut like Detroit axle or Prime Choice brand? It appears that the part numbers are different on brands like Moneoe for Avalon and Camry but these cheaper ones say they are compatible with both. Has anyone used these and had good luck and also where part numbers are different I am wondering if will affect ride quality or change the height. I am gonna replace rear bushings first to see if they get rid of noise though. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD
2,353 Posts
Hello everyone I am new here. I just bought a 2002 Toyota Avalon XLS and has a clunking in what sounds like the left rear so I would guess it is a strut. I am curious if anyone has used a cheaper strut like Detroit axle or Prime Choice brand? It appears that the part numbers are different on brands like Moneoe for Avalon and Camry but these cheaper ones say they are compatible with both. Has anyone used these and had good luck and also where part numbers are different I am wondering if will affect ride quality or change the height. I am gonna replace rear bushings first to see if they get rid of noise though. Thanks for your help!
FWIW, I bought a rack and pinion for my 93'MR2 from Detroit Axle. The quality, fit , finish and function are excellent.
I'm guessing the struts they sell would be set-up to mirror the OEM ones as far as ride and height.
Don't know about the struts but the rack has a life-time warranty ta boot!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts