Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have a set of konig rims with winter tires I was hoping to mount on my 2014 hybrid.

I believe they have the following specs:
-18" x 8", +45 Offset, 5x114.3 Bolt Pattern, 73.1mm Hub
-tires of size 225/45R18 on one pair and 245/45R18 on the other pair

I've tried looking this up, but I'm not sure I'm looking up the correct search terms, or if I'm interpreting the information correctly. A tire size calculator lists the tire sizes I have, but it isn't highlighted green, so I'm not sure what to make of it:
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

TL;DR: Will staggered tires 225/45R18 and 245/45R18 mounted on 8 inch wide rims work on my 2014 Avalon?

Thank you in advance for any advice or direction you could give me.

·
Super Moderator
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
15,175 Posts
Toyota offered an 18" x 7.5 in 2014, looks like you'll need to buy a set of centric rings though.
I don't see an issue on the tire size difference as long as the go as match pair front and rear.

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Toyota Avalon Limited W/Premium Package +
1,137 Posts
Hub bore size is 60.1 at 18 x 8 you'll be asking for problems with 225/45 with winter tires. And hub rings aren't a great idea which you will need. And you'll most likely also need a complete set of conical lug nuts too.

Just my opinion but I'd recommend against using them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I appreciate the replies! These are older winter tires of mine that came off a genesis coupe and they worked better than not having winter tires at all on that set up. Since hub rings are only about 10 dollars I think I'll give it a try. I'll be sure to report back in case anyone in the future considers this.

·
Premium Member
2014 Avalon Limited
523 Posts
The chart you posted means in column 2 and 3 it states the min and max safe width size (rim) to use with that tire size in column 1. You won`t have TPMS unless you use tire sensors. Most prefer a taller tire and thinner tread width for heavy snow travel. Retorque the lug nuts in a day or two after mounting.

Reactions: GaryQ
1 - 5 of 5 Posts