Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking of getting rid of the stock stereo and crappy speakers. I need some advice from u experts (especially u cam2xrunner!) So pretty sold on the 2 quality front speaker and a sub in the back of my access cab. So here's my questions:
Has anyone bought from Woofersetc.com, Cardomain? any other suggestions?

I'm thinking of the following equipment:

Amp - Audioson LRX 4.300, DLS Classic CA 31

HU - Eclipse 3000, 4000, or 5000

Speakers - Morel Hybrid Ovation, MB Quart QSD 216, Focal 165K2P

Sub - Not too sure maybe - Focal 21V2 - Focal 8" 400 Watt Polyglass Subwoofer, Image Dynamics ID8V.3-D4 - Image Dynamics Subwoofers, Morel ELATE SW 9 - Morel 9" 200 Watt RMS Subwoofer

Of course money is an issue and I need to get the best bang for my buck. I actually live in Canada and have talked to a couple of retailers but the price is almost doubled so that is why I'm looking online.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to mention that I'd probably have it professionally installed as I've never done a car install before. I'm also unsure of what to do with the sub enclosure and hope the pro would have some good ideas

·
XRUNNER(CT)
'05 XRUNNNER
4 Posts
try this web site cartronixplus.com there stuoo is about 100-300 cheaper then circuit city and more stores out there

·
Taco Addict
124 Posts
Hey, where in Alberta are you r1rider? I'm near Red Deer. Double Diamond Ltd. in Edmonton has wholesale prices on Panasonic, JVC, and Polk. I know, not great brand names, but decent prices. I'm wanting to get a Panasonic CQ-C7413 deck that's Sirius and Bluetooth capable. Plus it has a red/orange display that matches my dash lights. Maybe a Pioneer shallow sub and Pioneer amp too. XS Cargo has cheap wiring kits - $20 for a Monster brand 200W kit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm in lethbridge. I have had bike supplies shipped to Sweetgrass and then I go pick them up seems i'm only an hour from the border. Worked good just want to know that Woofersetc is a good company to deal with. I did find a couple of console enclosures at http://www.soundoffaudio.com/items.cfm/cat1/SUBWOOFER%20BOXES/cat2/TOYOTA

they seem ok, just wonder is there is something better. It doesn't say that they're sealed boxes tho

·
20K...All is good!!!
331 Posts
Hmmm..Let's see. Crutchfield sold me a headunit that was backordered (they didn't mention that). Cardomain sent me the headunit as promised, but screwed up the Scorsche part twice!! They actually sent the wrong one the first time. In the end, Cardomain made it right, but it was pain dealing with them. I would try someone else!!! JMO...

·
Forumatic Immunity!
05 Taco DC LB V6 TRD
3,745 Posts
setyn7 said:
www.sonicelectronix.com is where I usually get all of my equipment except the drivers themselves... really good customer service
are you sure? i have saved up for a while now and am ready to buy my eclipse avn6600, just shoppin around, and want to make sure who i buy from is legit and i dont get screwed out of alot of money. this place has a very good price on it although it is on backorder. cant find any on ebay either.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7458.html

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
That's a good deal. Call them and ask when it will be back in stock.

I paid $1650 from an Ebay dealer, and I thought that was a sweet deal at the time.

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Check out this deal on the QSC-216 set.

http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/4448

That's a hell of a deal! ..if you like really detailed tweets (I do)

Second choice...TS-C720PRS

There's not much else I'd get unless I was going DIY using Scan Speak Revelators and Seas Lotus Reference tweeters.

Audison amps are great! I've owned an LRx4.300 and the LRx1.500 Nice amps.

DLS is great too, the Classic amps aren't in the same league as the Audison, but the DLS Ultimate and Reference are close.

I'd stay buy used amps and save your money, power is cheap. Just make sure the amp has no turn on noise, doesn't add any noise and fits where you need it to go.

The LRx4.300 will fit under the drivers seat, but you may leave marks, which would kinda suck, but they do have a small footprint.

So if I were you I'd save your money and buy the Pioneer components, and buy used amps from the classifieds at Elitecaraudio.com and diymobileaudio.com

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the replies! Cam2X - what kind of sub would u suggest to go with the pioneer speakers?

05 R1racer - ya, i've got an ooold 2000 R1. Actually I don't use it enuf, bought new in 2001 and it only has about 13,000 km on. Have a tuff time finding time to bike and golf

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
this is where i'm really unsure - i've never had a sub before. I want to keep my Tacoma as stock as possible. I would like to keep the ability to have passengers in the back (although it would be for very short time so they don't have to be that comfortable *s*) I'm ok with putting a box on the floor and they rest their feet on it. I do want it to look professional tho. What do u think of the large sub box here?
http://www.soundoffaudio.com/items.c...ES/cat2/TOYOTA

It looks kinda cheap to me. The audison amp sends 220W to the sub so I don't want to work it too hard.

Thanks again

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Oh you only got that much power? I thought you were going to use a separate amp on the sub...

In that case, go with something like the Arc Audio Arc10D2 Talk to Marv about that sub...and an enclosure.

I hear those ebay sub boxes are 1/2" mdf and stapled together, but I could be wrong.

I'd pay the extra $ for a Marv built box.

(he can make enclosures similar in shape to the ebay enclosures)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts