Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people,

Just purchased (three weeks ago) a 2008 Se. I am seriously thinking of putting in an aftermarket sterio but I can't find much support.

I already have two amps and a sub and I am looking for a head unit, wiring harness and speakers (perferably 6.5"). I have a JL 300.4, 500Watt Alpine for my 12" JL W3.

I am most concerned about what head unit to buy, I want it to work with the stearing wheel.

I think I read that the space in the doors are very narrow and that many speakers will not fit. So... what spekaers did you purchase? Plus you need a plate to swap in the 6.5" where the 6"x9" stock speakers are located.

What have other people purchased?

OK about a strut bar. I am thinking about getting a strut bar for the front of the car. Is there really a increase in handling? Or is it just for show?

Last thing... I am also thinking of getting 18" wheels. I will be putting on some Blizzaks on my stock Rims for this winter and plan on getting a high performance tire with some 18" Rims. I'm just curious what other people have done.

Thanks people.

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
All old topics - Search and you will find the answers.

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Strut Bar:

18" Wheels:

;)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hI,

THANKS FOR THE PICS!!!

What size tires do you have? What is the offset of your wheels and what is the make an style name of your wheels? ANd lastly what is the make of the strut bar. I know that the offset for the 17" stock wheels are +40, does it matter what the offset is for aftermarket wheels?

I may wait a year or so before i do the strut bar, but I definatley will have new wheels after the winter.

ALso, what springs did you use? How much is it lowered? Are there problems with bumpy roads?

THanks again.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All old topics - Search and you will find the answers.

I know this is an old topic, but I can't really find much when I search the forums.

I am MOST interested in people who have put in 6.5" speakers (make/model and if they purchased a standard plate or did they have to fabricate one?) and head units (I know it is pretty easy to buy the wiring for the stearing wheel, but I would like to know what people are buying for this car and if they are happy with there purchase.

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Wheels Specs:
MRR HR5
Finish: Black/Diamond Cut
Front: 18x8 (+35 Offset)
Rear: 18x9 (+43 Offset)

Tires Specs:
Front: 225/45/18
Rear: 255/40/18

·
Registered
09 Camry
552 Posts
um handling with a strut bar will barely feel different, I installed mine and drove around before installing my rsb, now that made a difference

btw I hope we get more snow this year in boston, we got soooo little last year and I purchased my blizzaks then too lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts