Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Red Headed Slut
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really confused at what lines what. It doesn't help that all the topics I've searched on seem to have pictures for trucks without the OEM Transmission Cooler. I found that the little cooler under the horns in this picture is the OEM Tranmission Cooler. My question is...which line returns fluid to the transmission?

I plan on getting a bigger cooler as I'm going to be pulling a 5,000LB load at least 2 a month during the summer. I also need to get this done before the end of the month as I'm towing my trail rig 200 miles to Gore, VA to go to Ice Breakers event at Big Dogs.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Rodge, are you fabbing a stealth front receiver? That would look way better than having one bolt up under the bumper.

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
connect the two lines with a clear house and start the truck. You will see the direction.. Or feel the hoses when the truck is up to temp. The cooler of the 2 should be running back to the trans.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Rodge, are you fabbing a stealth front receiver? That would look way better than having one bolt up under the bumper.
That hitch looks just like what I did. Glad to see others can copy someone else's ideas. :lol:

·
Red Headed Slut
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, thanks for taking the time to be an ass first before reading that I searched and couldn't find any pictures of trucks that already had an OEM tranny cooler. I don't want to screw up my tranny because I was confused by the extra two lines.

Heck no...I have no fab skills. Besides my Tacoma is strictly my DD/Tow Rig now. I have no desire to mod it any further. If I had the cash though I'd get a supercharger without question.

All my time and money goes into this now:

connect the two lines with a clear house and start the truck. You will see the direction.. Or feel the hoses when the truck is up to temp. The cooler of the 2 should be running back to the trans.
That's actually a really good idea and would have never thought of that! Thanks Lotust!

That hitch looks just like what I did. Glad to see others can copy someone else's ideas. :lol:
No copying here. No need for a front hitch...at least on my Tacoma. Now a front hitch, winch mount is definitely in my plans for my trail rig.

I've also decided, that I'm going to just replace the stock OEM cooler with a bigger on. Don't want to suck up too much real estate in the front of the truck with another cooler blocking airflow to the radiator.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
No copying here. No need for a front hitch...at least on my Tacoma. Now a front hitch, winch mount is definitely in my plans for my trail rig.
My mistake, I thought that picture up above was of your truck with the bumper removed.

·
Red Headed Slut
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My mistake, I thought that picture up above was of your truck with the bumper removed.
LOL...I didn't feel like removing my entire bumper just to take a picture. I actually found that picture on another thread dealing with transmission coolers over at TTORA when I SEARCHED (caribe_makaira). :lol:

·
Registered
'12 Ram 1500 HEMI
1,138 Posts
sent you a pm concerning mounting hardware...

·
Je déteste le préjugé...
Prerunner AC '05
80 Posts
:ugh3:Didya even read the entire links? But who am I to care if two simple lines confuse ya. Are ya using a one-way valve on the aftermarket cooler? areya adding an inline magnetic filter? concerned on airflow blockage? there a e-fan coolers. Oh wait!, the post is a sacrastic one, you knew all the answers...

:gfy:Guess it does take one to know one ASS!:fuckyou:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts