Toyota Nation Forum banner

What wheel size do you prefer?

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Solara SE
19 Posts
I prefer 18s over the 17s for 2005 Solara SE V6. As soon as I decide on a wheel, that is what I am upgrading to!

·
Registered
27 Posts
How can I find the weights of 16 and maybe also 17 inch wheels for a Camry?
What is the lightest OEM wheel? Acura?
I have steel wheels now, but need tires soon, so wheels might make sense also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was going to cast a vote but there's no option for 16 inch wheels.I know that massive wheels and minimal aspect ratio low profile tyres are what everyone wants but I'd wish to go from 15 to 16 inch on my Avensis.I have a set of OE 17s from a Celica but because I've fitted coilovers to my Avensis and it's sits 2 inches lower than standard so 17s slightly rub off my rear arches. Also,I drive on both rural and urban roads daily so ideally tyres with an aspect ratio lower than 45 compromise the cars roadholding and handling characteristics. I know many,many cars particularly high performance or super cars may well have 40 or less from the factory they are designed and engineered for those tyre specs whereas a car designed to sit on 15 inch wheels and 195/60 rubber will be compromised on 18 inch wheels and 40 or less AR low profiles.It may look good and perform on city streets or long straight motorways but on bends and corners it loses any transition between grip and total loss of traction very quickly.That's no use for real world racing on less than perfect road surfaces.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts