Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Toyota Solara SLE
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I’m attaching a photo below but i wanted to ask what you guys think about this intake systems should have probably asked before i bought it but I’m waiting on it to get delivered and wanted to see if you guys heard anything or know anything about it it’s for my 2003 TOYOTA SOLARA SLE V6 3.0
Automotive lighting Light Product Font Line

·
Registered
experimental internet gas
541 Posts
who needs delicious and nutritious, filling, cold air when you can have hot stuffy air with less oxygens in it

·
2001 Camry XLE 1MZ-FE
2001 Camry XLE
1,687 Posts
Cold air is denser than warm air.
Therefore you can get a more dense air/fuel mixture with cold air.

That's why the stock Toyota setup has the air intake in the front of the car, outside the engine compartment so it can have access to the outside air.

What you are looking at has no access to the outside air, only the hot air in the engine compartment so your performance will suffer as soon as the engine warms up to operating temperature.

Reactions: DFBonnett

·
Registered
2003 Toyota Solara SLE
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So just to be clear I am not asking about an air intake in general if it’s good or not because air intakes actually do increase horsepower and increases your fuel mileage it’s common sense how it works but I was asking about this particular one in general

·
Camreee
'99 V6 Ghetto Mod Edition
744 Posts
LOl. Just kidding. I use aluminum vent tape as well.
Flex tape has nothing on this stuff lol. I still have pieces I stuck to rocker panels 2 years ago still glued to the car. Sunroof delete panel still has the original layer of vent tape I used to compress the panel over the polyurethane.

Reactions: Esso

·
Premium Member
1993 Camry SE,V6-5MT
2,349 Posts
actual dyno measurements tend to differ (or the benefit is in the order of only a few %, well within measurement variation) but if you are eager to buy it do go ahead

OEMs go to great lengths to get the coldest possible air source, and the highest possible airflow, for all of the obvious benefits of free power and mpg. Typically the way to get more airflow is to use a looser filter (like a K&N), which is usually the key to why any aftermarket intake can claim power benefit. Such filters can allow more air, but also more dust. YMMV.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts