Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Ms. Gayle (aka Jew-Lo)
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i needed to change my fuel filter and my plugs since the car has 87k on it and they have never been changed... i turn on the car and it shakes horibly for a few mins and sounds like a muscle car when it idled... but after it warmed up it was fine

so why does a stupid tercel's filter cost $30... well cuz its stupid and it wont come off
we broke 3 pairs of vice girps used wd-40 and other lubracants... 4 hours later the filter is still stuck. the bolt is striped and it wont loosen or tighten up... the car is leaking gas and i have NO CAR
WHAT THE HELL DO I DO!?

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
well here a shold of ... they make "box" end wrenches that you more or less just have an opening the size of the pipe and give really good grip ... as for your line i guess new gas line? since the bolt is striped i guess there no use for it now and you would have to replace it anyway. so i guess remove the entire gas line now along with the filter and then work with it out of the car ... if need be find a junk yard and get your self a new pipe

·
Ms. Gayle (aka Jew-Lo)
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont need a junk yard i know everyone @ pepboys and there are no cameras in any pepboys

so i can get what i need
but i need that filter off so i have car!

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
^lol guess thats why the pepboys by where i live closed down.

but you will have to take the line off because of the end bolt is striped and you cant get it off or a new on too good. and the fitting on it wount allow you to take it off from the top MAYBE the other end might let you remove it from there. so takeing it out is your best option and then when out of the car file the sides and make a flat surface you can try putting a wrench on again.

·
Ms. Gayle (aka Jew-Lo)
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think we're gonna have to do that
and then figure out a new filter method

you know why tercel filters are $30 cuz its a pain in the ass to do anyhtign to them!!!!!!!!! and they are all retarted looking!

·
Ms. Gayle (aka Jew-Lo)
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bottom

·
Grenaded piston
6,523 Posts
^ Either try removing the fitting or saw it off with a hacksaw.

If you saw it off you'll need a piece of hose (make sure its safe for fuel) and a new hardline (it'll have the fitting on the end, just make sure its the right size) for your new filter.

You use the hose to connect in between the line you sawed off and your new hardline / filter.

·
Car Breaker
689 Posts
^ Yes what he said.

I know your pain girl, I fucking strip bolts all the time. 15 year old rusted ass bolts don't bother me anymore, I saw that shit right off the line.

Good ridance.

Doesn't it suck just watching your money leak out onto the ground...

·
Triple A Whore
Z06, Camry, Tucson
7,650 Posts
I was going to do the fuel filter on my Camry a couple of years ago. Couldn't get the damn nut loose and just gave up. They put those things in a place where you can get a good length open end to get more torque.

It's all a conspiracy!:D

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
i almost ripped the fuel filter off trying to replace mine, the bracket started bending and warping like crazy, then it broke free and slammed me into the fender, i was so pissed.

i say you rip the bitch off and leave it there, mount the new one somewhere eles...

·
Ms. Gayle (aka Jew-Lo)
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
stupid filters make me hate toyota so much... over 4 hours 3 pairs of vice grips and 5 strong guys not being able to do it
yea thats crappy
but my fiance did it... hes my hero! i was giving up hope but he did it!

·
Ms. Gayle (aka Jew-Lo)
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
there were no right tools for this filter... just a lot of time, headache, aggrivation, 2 mechanics, 3 other guys, and 3 pairs of vice grips

but its done and over with! finally! the car runs good now!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts