Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
TN's Nikon Expert?
12,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my car back from being worked on (rack n pinion, new batt) and when i got my car back the air bag light was on (after i just turned the friggin thing off!!) well i tired to turn the airbag light off with the tc and ab, and i did it like 5 times but the damn light isnt turning off. so my thought is, that when they were working on the car they unplugged one of the sensors for the airbag and thats why it says on even after i clear it. anyone else go any ideas?

·
Registered
98 Posts
My Haynes manual warns that if the battery is disconnected for too long that the airbag light might come one and stay one. Take it to a Toyota dealer and they can reset the system.

·
TN's Nikon Expert?
12,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the thing is, the batt wasnt disconected for that long at all, and like i said i tried to reset it (unsuccesfully this time) and toyota wants 50-90 just to hook it up the the computer to see whats wrong, god only knows how much they want to fix the problem

·
There is no substitute.
8,027 Posts
prnc_chrmng said:
well i tired to turn the airbag light off with the tc and ab, and i did it like 5 times but the damn light isnt turning off.
The timing as to be perfect for the light to reset.

If you're not good in counting beats (ie. if you're not into music) I suggest you try again (and again). :lol:

·
TN's Nikon Expert?
12,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it says its suppose to flash rappidly when it clears, and its done that aobut 5 times...out of the 20+ times i did it total:lol: im gunna pop my car up and look for loose wires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts