Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to do a A/C retrofit on a 93 Camry 4cyl. Apparently though I have a clog in the low side so I suspect an orifice tube clog or an expansion valve problem. I haven't had this car very long and I am not very familiar yet with the mechanical layout of many of the components. The evaporator appears to be under the dash in the center of the car. The intake manifold to firewall has slim to none clearance. But I a need to know where the the orifice tube is located on this car and how do I gain access to the expansion valve on this car. Anyone have any experience with these components on this model?

·
GT-i Crew
632 Posts
The filter dryer and expansion valve are on the front of car, below the black plastic thinggy between the headlights.

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
lcarocha said:
The filter dryer and expansion valve are on the front of car, below the black plastic thinggy between the headlights.
???? from what i learn from my dad and the haynes manual the expansion valve shoule be at the evaporator. so that means you need to take out the evaporator and clean that . and yes the filter dryer is at the front there also shoule be a little eye in it so you can see if it is liquid when it gets to that point. and when you remove the evap you unblot it from the car keep it in the plastic housing that it's in and pull it towards you (after disconecting the line to it from under the hood) and then you can open the housing and do your work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts