Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
spin turbo hammy... SPIN!
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i have a 2.75 inch pipe for my intake, but i got a 2.5 inch filter for it.... i was able to stretch it around the pipe, but i was wondering if you think that is a bad idea... The clamp has it on pretty tight, but do you think it has a good chance of coming off or anything like that?

nate

·
Boondock Saint
280 Posts
i'd prolly go for a 3 in filter. I had the same prob with my intake and after a while the rubber part of the filter that fits over the pipe got all warped and popped out. the filter went bang bang on the street and i was in a world of shit. haha. spend a few extra bucks and save urself the hassle.

·
spin turbo hammy... SPIN!
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2wickedtoyz said:
don't worry about it nate you'll be good as long as that thing has plenty to grip onto:thumbup:
i hope so, replacement filter i bought, that was wrong, was $50 :(

·
Zzzz
Camry
2,255 Posts
if you want, try a 3" filter and use a 2.5" silicone coupler (you can find 'em often at various car sites) and then just put the 2.5" coupler under the 3" flange to give it a bit more thickness.

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
1,493 Posts
yeh...nate...i have a 3 inch on my 2.5 inch piping for my cai...i had to use a coupler that came with my old short ram and a piece of pipe to make an adapter for the filter...a three might fit better but you would have to adapt it like i did...but hey...if you got the filter on...its not coming off

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,960 Posts
er uh guys he sai "i have a 2.75 inch pipe for my intake, but i got a 2.5 inch filter for it.... " he asked it it was ok to streatch the filter to make it fit.

nate:just make sure it's on there tight:thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts