Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
2007 CAMRY XLE V6
2007 CAMRY XLE V6
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wuts up ppl, i have been researching different air bag set-ups and brands recently, and i ran into this company called "air force suspension."Has anyone ever heard of this company?check it out and tell me what you think, i emailed them earlier today, but im still waiting on prices...the web site is www.airforce-sus.com

·
2008 Camry Hybrid
2008 Camry Hybrid
1,527 Posts
There is nobody on the forums here with an air suspension for the Gen6 so I don't think you'll find a wealth of info on this topic. In general we have less "homie" mods to the Camry here and more "teen go fast" mods such as springs, wheels, spoilers, bumper stickers, LED interior lights, etc. :lol:

·
Take it easy... :-)
'08 XLE
3,018 Posts
There is nobody on the forums here with an air suspension for the Gen6 so I don't think you'll find a wealth of info on this topic. In general we have less "homie" mods to the Camry here and more "teen go fast" mods such as springs, wheels, spoilers, bumper stickers, LED interior lights, etc. :lol:
wrong - we do have some (aznhyperracer, sik camry).

·
Registered
52 Posts
The grammar on the site is pretty bad...is there a reason for that, or did the creator of the site just not pay close enough attention?
Aside from that, I love the gold coloring of the shocks. Wouldn't go airbags on my Cam, but looks tight none the less.

·
Take it easy... :-)
'08 XLE
3,018 Posts
wuts up ppl, i have been researching different air bag set-ups and brands recently, and i ran into this company called "air force suspension."Has anyone ever heard of this company?check it out and tell me what you think, i emailed them earlier today, but im still waiting on prices...the web site is www.airforce-sus.com
I like the sound of the tank/coilover system. Simple and if I understand it correctly in case your air system fails you simply ride on the "remaining" coilover set (if set properly, the car should still be driveable).

Lately, I have seen too many air bag systems "run flat", i.e. when you see a car/PU on the street with one corner sitting on the wheel and the guy still drives it to get it to the shop. Does not look fun. Let us know what you find out for prices - maybe need to find a local shop who deals with them to get that.

·
Premium Member
6,508 Posts
old suspension question lol.

I contacted them before. These guys offer coilovers with air cans on top.

This means that You cannot ride with the air full. This suspension offers an alternative to an extremely low ride height. So when you get to a bump, slow down, raise your car up, go over the bump, raise it back down, and keep riding. If you drive with the air full, the ride is EXTREMELY choppy and bad for the suspension.

I think its perfect for those who want the coilover look/performance, but is able to get in and out of places they can't with normal coilovers. I believe it costs around 1700 bucks.

Theres a 3 month waiting period for these coilovers, since it ships from overseas and it takes over a month to produce. Long time wait...

Good luck lol

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
Add it to your wish list DNA. Air suspension is useless where i live. Too many hills, roads are not great and too much snow and ice. Air is too much of a hassle if something goes wrong too.

·
Breakin' necks since '02!
2,330 Posts
hmm that setup kinda looks like the ksport kit.

I know it hasn't been mentioned but stay far away from Airbagit...they're products and customer service are garbage. I've had nothing but problems with my setup from them. Just got a replacement strut in the mail today (which I had to partially pay for).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts