Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Solara SLE
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! My car has been running like crap for the past month, especially the idle is out of place all the time and the car feels like it's about to stall. I have the timing belt, O2 sensors upstream x2, MAF sensor replaced and it still runs like crap.

I do notice my air/fuel meter is not running correctly like before. Before when the car starts in the morning, the meter will show the light slowly move from lean to rich and then bounce back and forth continously. Now when I start the car cold, nothing happens, the meter will bounce back and forth when the car is in drive and I step on the gas.

What's wrong!!?? Thank for your input.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Poman said:
Help! My car has been running like crap for the past month, especially the idle is out of place all the time and the car feels like it's about to stall. I have the timing belt, O2 sensors upstream x2, MAF sensor replaced and it still runs like crap.

I do notice my air/fuel meter is not running correctly like before. Before when the car starts in the morning, the meter will show the light slowly move from lean to rich and then bounce back and forth continously. Now when I start the car cold, nothing happens, the meter will bounce back and forth when the car is in drive and I step on the gas.

What's wrong!!?? Thank for your input.
Poman, sry i haven't ansewered ur question. First i would go back to your wiring and make sure that none of the connections have gone loose and that you are getting a good ground, power supply and a good tap into the 02 sensor. After that if your 02s still aren't cycling at idle you are going to have to do some tuning and do some trouble shooting.

·
Registered
99 Solara SLE
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm i've checked the connections for the meter all looked okay. I do get signal from the O2 sensor but not until the car is in motion or really step on the gas at idle to get a cycle going. Somehow at idle it's not reading any voltage at all...must be a reason. Toyota Tech could not figure it out why it's doing that. The past new CEL codes I had were 171, 100,130,133,150,153, and 446. I already replaced 2 O2 sensors, MAF sensor, Fuel Filter, and the timing belt....weird situation.

·
Registered
99 Solara SLE
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm...didn't know there's a heater for it. Well but how about after the car has been driving around for a while, the O2 sensor should be heated already from the exhaust...no voltage at idle!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.