Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
6,450 Posts
the coolant in the radiator is spilling out when I take the cap off doesn't overheat before I did all the work it was loosing coolant rapidly and was leaking between the block and the head that's when the threads pulled from the block but its normal the heat works like it should when warming up no air in the heater core so idk probably just keep my eyes open from time to time I guess
Easiest way. You may just be worrying about nothing. Just keep an eye on it and a bottle in the trunk for emergencies.

·
2010 Camry SE V6
2008 Camry LE
3,149 Posts
It’ll really bleed itself as long as you keep the overflow full

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2015 4 Runner SR5
3,886 Posts
Coming to this 19 days late - OP if you are still posting:

What makes you think air is in the system? Air in the system will cause the temp to run hot, or issues with your heater. Hoses bulging is not due to air, that is due to bad hoses bulging as the coolant gets hot and under pressure. I cannot read anywhere in your post that would indicate air in the system, unless I missed something. Kind of hard to read to be honest - its all one sentence with no punctuation so kind of blurs together.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Coming to this 19 days late - OP if you are still posting:

What makes you think air is in the system? Air in the system will cause the temp to run hot, or issues with your heater. Hoses bulging is not due to air, that is due to bad hoses bulging as the coolant gets hot and under pressure. I cannot read anywhere in your post that would indicate air in the system, unless I missed something. Kind of hard to read to be honest - its all one sentence with no punctuation so kind of blurs together.
I noticed the top hose bulging but not the lower hose no issues with running hot or no issues with the heater.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
6,689 Posts
Buldge in the hose means it's going to fail. Should consider replacing it.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts