Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after watching NESQUICK's video, i installed an air filter on my broken down camry lol,

now i find it useless since it's sucking in hot air especially in the summer. so, Nesquick and others, what have you done to make this work like the original air filterr.

·
Registered
141 Posts
you can try to make a heat shield, get a ram air kit, or make a cold air intake. I got a heat shield on mine and im going to get the ram air kit

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,246 Posts

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,246 Posts
AutoZone or PepBoys. It;s Spectre Intake, make your own.

·
It's pronounced "Nesquik"
1992 Camry LE
688 Posts
I've actually added quite a bit since I did either of those videos; basically it's an SRI setup with plastic piping extending from the end of the filter and taking in oncoming air from the front of the car. I've also got a heat shield around the filter as well (not pictured).

·
Engineer, tinkerer
1997 Camry
75 Posts
N35QU!K,
What is the point of having air entering on the sides of the filter AND through the middle? Also, how is the middle stream filtered??

·
D.I.Y.'er since 2004
2000 Camry LE
227 Posts
I had the same type of setup using stock pipe and PVC pipes for SRI and then made a CAI with PVC pipes. Better sound than stock but looked bad. Then I found cheap ebay SRI and then cheap ebay pipes for CAI, much better sound and cleaner look. And in my opinion, if you're going to go through the trouble of running a tube down to the fender, you might as well put the filter there with CAI. After all the trouble and time spent, I would have rather just skipped trying to save money with the PVC stuff and just go with the pipes from ebay.

·
It's pronounced "Nesquik"
1992 Camry LE
688 Posts
N35QU!K,
What is the point of having air entering on the sides of the filter AND through the middle? Also, how is the middle stream filtered??
When you think about it, it's better than just having a straight SRI, because at least some cooler air is available, rather than it's only option being hot engine bay air. The car actually does suck in air from the front too.

The middle stream is filtered the same way the rest of the air is filtered; there's filtering material in the middle of the cone as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts