Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Idon't brag I mostlyboast
MTA MetroCard
5,951 Posts
they sell V6 intakes for 1MZs, have never really seen one for a 3VZ on ebay.

They won't fit because they're two different engines, and sensors may be in the different places.

You can always make your own with some CV pipe, or go to nopi.com's eCAT and they may have some WeaponR intakes for 3VZs on there.

·
Fooly Sik RE!!!
318 Posts
trust me you dont want a ram air intake, ive got one, it sux. hot air=crapper than stock torque=anger! :D

the 3vz has a AFM while the 1mz has a MAF, so they arent technically interchangable even if they physically are (which i doubt anyway).

you'll find everything you need on the blinking Search button on top.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
I could go on and on about intakes, and mention endless dyno test. But wouldn't you rather just take my word as The All-Knowing.

Don't get any kind of intake. Drop in filter is the best you can get.

·
Its still a Camry.
1991 Lexus Es250
522 Posts
I got a Intake on my Camry, it helped a little bit in the low end and at the tq curve...but my top end is missing. Since I rarley go over 110 im not worryed about it. Plus intakes give you that cool sound :thumbup: :lol:

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
^
Man. Don't make me lay a bitch slap of knowledge down on you:nutkick:

·
Fooly Sik RE!!!
318 Posts
i agree with SmokingTiresV6 man, its doubtful youll get any more low end torque with an intake. i sure as hell didnt! stupid pod!!! :mad: i may go back to a panel soon. although i have seen torque improvements across the entire rev range with the BMC carbon dynamic airbox, Falcon GTs have them as standard and M3 owners recommend them so they aint too shabby... but its AUS$500 for a basic so yeh, normally guys... less restriction means less torque, little bit more top end power, and any improvements go down the drain with hot air.

·
permanent hiatus
735 Posts
if you think about it, the stock intake on a 3vz is similar to a cai... you have a heat shield around your filter, and a pipe that directs air to the filter from an area right underneath your headlight where the air is cooler and circulates more with outside air. only difference is, the stock intake brings in just the right amount of air for optimal torque numbers, while a cone filter will take in too much air and bring your torque down.

there was a study once... i forgot where i read it but in order to make the best power, it is best to run a little rich (a bit more fuel than air in your combustion chamber) than to run lean (more air than fuel). running lean will bring power down, but improve gas mileage. however, running too rich is obviously bad.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
You want to run perfect. Not rich or lean. It won't help you to be more rich. Running rich is the equivelant of having the choke on. It's not good for your car.

Any filter system will cause you to lose low-end torque. Which, on an import, is where you need it most. You will gain minimal near your peak. But that really won't do you much good. And it really isn't worth $100+.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts