Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my pops just bought a small air compressor. What's the first tool I should get? Where in the GTA is a good place to buy from? ( www.PrincessAuto.com ? ) Any other general tips about using air compressors or tools would be appreciated aswell.

I'm gonna get an air brush kit for sure. I wanna paint my own T-shirts, jeans and hats :D

·
Registered
764 Posts
oil your tools weekly, one to 2 drops where the air tube plugs in.
get an impact wrench and get a ratchet, then if you have use for it, buy a drill. thats about all you need for general car maintenance

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
:lol: i got a sandblaster on stand by till i get a strong enough compressor(cost me 10 bucks and it's still new)

cut off wheel, air wratchet, impact gun, and a pnuematic gun for port & polishing:thumbup: i think you'll be set with that

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They make air shears?! Whoever uses those must have alot of sheep :lol:

I don't intend to do any real serious work. It's not like my cars breakdown and need parts replaced every week.

So the most obvious "must haves" seem to be an impact wrench, ratchet and maybe a cutter. So what makes one tool better than the next one? Any well known manuf.?

2wicked: what's this pnuematic gun you speak of? I've never heard of this.

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
Tell me how big the compressor is. Don't go buying crappy air tools, and be sure you don't exceed what the compressor can actually use.

Otherwise severial impact wrenches, air ratches, cutters, a die grinder and an air hammer are always usefull... But not all of those will work on a small compressor.

·
Pochacco Owns Me
3,123 Posts
remember to get that lil nozzle that lets u spray out air..it's always handy... as for tools... get something good craftmans or snapons.. don't get crappy tools and bits they break easy and you'r just screwed

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
toylover said:
What kinda work do you plan on doing?
good question. I dunno yet. No immediate plans. My dad just brought this thing home and I figured maybe I'll mess around with it.

It's 2gal, 2.5cfm @ 90psi, max 115psi. I told ya it was small. I'm looking at some of the specs of ratchets and they need 4.8 scfm @ 90 psi. I don't even think this thing is big enough to handle it :eek:: I guess I'll have to settle for a really big air brush kit now :lol:

·
Registered
55 Posts
make sure you drain the tank after each use.

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, there's a sticker right by the release valve as a reminder.

On the topic of maintanence...there was a tag that said something to the effect of "replace this plug with an aftermkt breather filter" What is that about? Are they talking about those little breather filters that are on some cold air intakes?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Phi, what you bought is only good for stapple and nail guns, you , when you have to redo your hardwood floor

But if you wanna go and get some tools anyways, get Ingersol Rand

they are good enough for the use you are going to make of it.Snap-On is way over priced, good but overpriced.i remember i saw in the snap on catalog, a set of 22 metric keys, in mate black finish, 1 500$. yeah thats right, fifteen hundred

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
ya my dad has an air compressor to, and it came with the gun for taking off tires(impact wrench? it makes the cool sound), anyways, its pretty weak, it can't loosen lug nuts when they are cranked down, or tighten them all the way. its pretty much handy for gettin the lug nuts on and off quickly when changing tires. o, and if your using the jack from the car then its the fastest way of letting the car down:D

definitly get an nail gun tho, makes building stuff so much easier

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
sorry to say but with it being that small 2 gal. @90 psi you cant do much for any lenght of time a air sander needs 90 psi all the time,a impact should be about 120 to 140,i'm not saying it wount work just not as long and not as strong. Deff. go with the air brush:thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts