Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just invested in a high end stereo for my 03 Avalon. Approx 3000 watts of power,going to 2 15's,6 mids and highs,and all running off the factory head unit..........Since i had this work done the airbag warning light comes on and stays on as the car is started......Im going to have it looked at soon but----i was wondering what the stereo shop could have done to trigger the warning light??????????????? any help would be nice-thankyou

·
Premium Member
6,403 Posts
How did you hook the amp up? Does the light come on if the amp is on/off/both/neither?

The light should come on for a few seconds when starting the car, then go out.

3000 watts is a lot of load on the cars electrical system. Check to see if the cars voltage is dropping due to the amp.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had an airbag light come on one time on my 2003 Honda Civic. I had Honda do a reset with their little hand held obdII computer and it stayed off for about 6 months. Then I washed the car in the car wash and it came on again. I sold it after that with the light on. I would recommended having it cleared and see if it stays off. Sometimes I think they have too many electronics on these newer cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts