Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Center of the dash area in front of the front passenger seat. You should be able to see the letters SRS engraved in the dash. If you have the glove box and the floor area on the passenger side cleared out you should be good.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Center of the dash area in front of the front passenger seat. You should be able to see the letters SRS engraved in the dash. If you have the glove box and the floor area on the passenger side cleared out you should be good.
I've been putting if off thinking they would have to take half the dash apart they tell me it's a two hour job. I don't have a passenger very often isn't it disabled if no one is in the seat?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Now i'm having second thoughts. I'm sure they are not to motivated to do a good job on something they get zero $$$ for. I'm getting close to 200,000 miles.
Not true. They get paid by Toyota to do this and these types of jobs they actually do pretty well on. Once a tech has done a couple they usually get paid for more time than it actually takes. They'll still tell you two hours, but probably be done in 90 minutes.

Reactions: stvotw

·
Registered
2010 Corolla Altis XRS
282 Posts
That's about right....the dealer actually told me the same thing. The R75 recall job actually takes about 90 min to do. But i've heard some horror stories from some of my XRS friends here in Vancouver, BC.....tech strips some screws and over tighten the nuts....basically don't give a shit.....and when you drive the car back home....you'll hear funny rattles and squeaks.Then the dealer denies everything....saying that they did the job perfectly.I just havent gotten the courage to do mine as of yet...besides im the only one in my car at any time.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's about right....the dealer actually told me the same thing. The R75 recall job actually takes about 90 min to do. But i've heard some horror stories from some of my XRS friends here in Vancouver, BC.....tech strips some screws and over tighten the nuts....basically don't give a shit.....and when you drive the car back home....you'll hear funny rattles and squeaks.Then the dealer denies everything....saying that they did the job perfectly.I just havent gotten the courage to do mine as of yet...besides im the only one in my car at any time.
Yeah that is my worry the car is old with high miles why do a good job. It may be old with lots of miles but i still depend on it.

·
Registered
2010 Corolla Altis XRS
282 Posts
I hear you...ive got only 36,000 kms on mine, and its in absolutely pristine condition as im the original owner. Im very particular with my vehicles. I do understand that this is a recall...and its gotta be done, but i may get mine done...ill just have to google the reviews on the Toyota dealers near my area. Just too bad they wont give me the inflator...i can do it myself...and do a better job...as its my own vehicle im working on.

·
Administrator
マズダスピード3
16,311 Posts
Not a 10th gen, but on my 9th gen I got the recall done.

I didn't notice it right away, but there is a crease in one corner or the dash pad. It doesn't make noises, but it's unfortunate that I didn't see it. But alas, there's round 2 of the recall. They gotta get it right at some point.

It's all about the customer base.

·
Registered
2010 Corolla Altis XRS
282 Posts
Its to get a module installed between airbags and the ECM to avoid interferance in the system that would possibly make the airbags not deploy when intended :they're not opening the dash for this
Ive heard its for the next generation up from ours ( 10 Gen ). So it really doesnt have anything to do with 10 Gen models.

·
Slow AF
2012 Matrix
421 Posts
I called one of the many Toyota dealers in my city today and asked if I could bring in my passenger airbag inflator for the recall instead of having to lose my car for a day or two while they work on it. (I was curious because I had my ducts out and was cleaning my ac condenser) they said they have to work on it there Becuase something with the bolts on the inflator and something else they were concerned about. I was told I shouldn't be taking dash apart to get the inflator and I should stop what I was doing as it is dangerous..

Anyways. If anyone is Interested in a dash removal write up ( maybe even the whole center console) for the matrix let me know. I'll take a ton of pics. And post a how to.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.