Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Corolla S
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i've been trying to find a thread in regards to our 2009-2010 corolla air bags.. so heres my inquiry

i got a friend who drives a 2009 corolla le on a daily base (he's a driver instructor) today he happened to get into an accident where some car struck on his passenger side door at 30 mph..luckly nothing happened to the guy but what concerend him was that NONE of the air bags deployed as the accident happened.the car who struck the guy, his air bags deployed and now the guy is telling me how toyota is a pos..he now wants to hop on the toyota sueing wagon lol

I was wondering..is there a recall on this lol I had no luck finding info..like i told my friend if its not on google..chances are its bull crap lol

my views on the accident..if the impact was not deep enough there was no need for the airbag to deploy..i mean the guy walked out w/ no injuries lol

what do some of you think

·
Registered
108 Posts
First off, I find the lawsuit with injury kinda funny and i would put a better spin on it. Like, Man have you heard how safe that Corolla is, i know this guy that got broud sided at 30 mph, The structure took the whole impact and there was no need for the side air bags and the dude just got out and walked away !!! and this moron is going to try and sue LMFAO.

Well i would have to do some resherch and see what the Impact force trigger is on the side sensor before i could speculate. and did you say he got hit on the pass side and no one was in the pass seat ?? If so, the air bags on the pass side would not be active as there is no1 in the seat or a child is in it. His drivers side side air bag is trigerd by the sensor in his door not the pass door and his head would have snapped toward the center of the car not to the door glass, so it wouldnt have done any good to him anyway.

·
Registered
2010 Corolla S
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First off, I find the lawsuit with injury kinda funny and i would put a better spin on it. Like, Man have you heard how safe that Corolla is, i know this guy that got broud sided at 30 mph, The structure took the whole impact and there was no need for the side air bags and the dude just got out and walked away !!! and this moron is going to try and sue LMFAO.

Well i would have to do some resherch and see what the Impact force trigger is on the side sensor before i could speculate. and did you say he got hit on the pass side and no one was in the pass seat ?? If so, the air bags on the pass side would not be active as there is no1 in the seat or a child is in it. His drivers side side air bag is trigerd by the sensor in his door not the pass door and his head would have snapped toward the center of the car not to the door glass, so it wouldnt have done any good to him anyway.
thats what i thought lmao! but other wise once his boss reports the claim to his insurance company..i am sure toyota will hear about it and personally come in and take a look at his car b4 there is any lawsuit involved..since they are taking a good look at any toyota related accidents

i got into a simular accident like the kid mentioned (with the exception that a car hit my rear fender) and there was no need for the air bags to deploy.. i just think the guy wants some money n it will be years b4 he will receive his claim other than having "personal distress"

btw n this "friend" of mine drives a 2010 civic si and has the guts to compare toyota to honda in regards to safety lol

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,789 Posts
so i've been trying to find a thread in regards to our 2009-2010 corolla air bags.. so heres my inquiry

i got a friend who drives a 2009 corolla le on a daily base (he's a driver instructor) today he happened to get into an accident where some car struck on his passenger side door at 30 mph..luckly nothing happened to the guy but what concerend him was that NONE of the air bags deployed as the accident happened.the car who struck the guy, his air bags deployed and now the guy is telling me how toyota is a pos..he now wants to hop on the toyota sueing wagon lol

I was wondering..is there a recall on this lol I had no luck finding info..like i told my friend if its not on google..chances are its bull crap lol

my views on the accident..if the impact was not deep enough there was no need for the airbag to deploy..i mean the guy walked out w/ no injuries lol

what do some of you think
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I hate people like this. The air bags will go off when there is sufficient force for them to activate. It sounds like the energy of the impact was low enough for the sensors to not send a signal to deploy the air bags. His lack of injury would seem to validate this finding. ;)

·
Registered
629 Posts
+1...shouldnt a driver instructor noe this?

·
Registered
09 Toyota Corolla S
3,516 Posts
your friend is an idiot........I hate it when someone doesnt like something..they have to sue. WTH! Honestly the airbags just didnt need to deploy as there was no need to. Was the car hit on both the pass. doors? or was it on the front/rear corners of the car? because that could also determine if the force was enough to deploy them. Honestly I would just tell him that honda has nothing compared to Toyota since they discontinued the S2k! All their cars are boring and the line up sucks, bad truck, bad hybrid, bad everything lol :lol: just to piss him off :p

·
Official TX TN User
2010 Corolla S
161 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Corolla S
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
from what I was told the car that impacted the corolla hit the passenger side front door causing a huge dent to the body structure lol but as most of you said this guy is an idiot

·
Registered
166 Posts
The occupancy sensor disabled the passenger side airbags, as they're not needed when there is no passenger. The computer saved some serious dough by not deploying the airbags when not required.

Your buddy is a chump for suing when the lack of deployment did not affect his safety and it sounds like he's a typical sue-happy fucktard that is helping to increase everyone's insurance premiums. You should kick his ass.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,789 Posts
The occupancy sensor disabled the passenger side airbags, as they're not needed when there is no passenger. The computer saved some serious dough by not deploying the airbags when not required.

Your buddy is a chump for suing when the lack of deployment did not affect his safety and it sounds like he's a typical sue-happy fucktard that is helping to increase everyone's insurance premiums. You should kick his ass.
:lol::lol::lol: :thumbsup:

·
Owner of much Obsolete
1986 Corolla GT-S
2,286 Posts
Agreed, Toyota actually has a lot of development into the occupant detection system to know when to deploy the airbag or not.

Jeff

1 - 12 of 12 Posts