Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1995 Toyota T100 DX
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FOR 3.4L ONLY!! :
So ive been reading on some posts that a good way to get a better flow of air through the stock airbox is either the deckplate mod or the removal of the elbow located inside the passenger fender, as well as an amsoil air filter (cant seem to find one for our truck) or a better flowing air filter, other than getting rid of our super restrictive MAFS which currently we cannot replace for a lesser restrictive MAFS, i have heard the deckplate has had some great results but i was wondering if removing the elbow is applicable to our t100s i know that that late 90's earlie 2000's tacomas and 4runners have a different air box and it has a severe bend to the elbow located in the passenger fender, i did remove my air box elbow in my t100 and our elbow doesnt seem to have as an extreme bend to it but it seems to. Have enough of one to restrict the air flow, i have seen some good results especially when getting the truck up to its peak torque around 3300 - 3600 rpm, the only concern i have with this is if water could incidentally be sucked up through the intake if it rain or i hit a puddle, with that being said, i have read that the deckplate mod. Is a bit. More. Difficult to do considering how our airbox has ridges but it has been done, would you guys reccomend trying the deckplate mod. Or. Should. I. Just stick with keeping the elbow out and just reinstalling it when it rains out or if i do some wet offroading or puddle hopping. If someone has done the deckplate mod to their t100 i would love.to hear about it. Let me. Know your thoughts, does this mod only. Apply to the S/C versions of our 3.4's or will this so improvement to our NA 3.4s, hope. To hear your thoughts guys!

· Registered
1995 Toyota T100 DX
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry for the bad grammar, posted this from my phone and auto correct didnt really help me out lol, hope to hear your thoughts though

· Registered
1995 Toyota T100 DX
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome, thanks for your post :)... I also noticed that removing the 3lbow there is actually a bigger intake hold because the elbow actually fits inside the airbox ending

· Registered
1995 Toyota T100 DX
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
ISR Install

so sometime this later week/weekend i am going to be installing the ISR "mod", reason specifically for me is the hassel of always having to remove the ugly silencer box just to clean the Tb or maf or do any work on the upper plenum of the engine, call me lazy but time is money and money is time, and i prefer saving time, the materials i picked up were 1.5 pcv cap (painting it black to match the hoses), two 5/16 hose barbs and i actually went with 7/32nd vaccum hose, i know its a tight fit on the ends however i think it will lead to less potential vacuum leaks

photo attached of the materials needed

http://imgur.com/a/7aUCF
i will take pictures of the finished product and if you have any questions on doing this so called "mod" give me a holler i however won't beable to give you answers on if this will improve any performance its just a way to clean up the engine bay and reduce the turbulance caused by the silencer box

· Super Moderator
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
19,810 Posts
so sometime this later week/weekend i am going to be installing the ISR "mod", reason specifically for me is the hassel of always having to remove the ugly silencer box just to clean the Tb or maf or do any work on the upper plenum of the engine, call me lazy but time is money and money is time, and i prefer saving time, the materials i picked up were 1.5 pcv cap (painting it black to match the hoses), two 5/16 hose barbs and i actually went with 7/32nd vaccum hose, i know its a tight fit on the ends however i think it will lead to less potential vacuum leaks

photo attached of the materials needed

http://imgur.com/a/7aUCF
i will take pictures of the finished product and if you have any questions on doing this so called "mod" give me a holler i however won't beable to give you answers on if this will improve any performance its just a way to clean up the engine bay and reduce the turbulance caused by the silencer box
I've read so many conversations about the IRS mod and the Deck -plate mod on a variety of Toyo sites with vehicles with the 3.4 V6. I have to admit I don't see very much if any improvements in power or MPG to warrant the alterations. Does anybody that has done either of these mods have any data that's not seat pant assumptions. I'm all for a cleaner, friendly engine bay but I guess as reliable and low maintanence the T100 is I'd like to see some additional improvements if there are any. Reminds me of the conversations about Seafoam or Berrymans.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.