Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received an Akimoto intake system I purchased off ebay for my 96 i4 camry. When I received it, it didn't come in a manufacturer's box and I want to be sure I received all neccessary parts.

It had the intake tube, the filter, the flexible adapter to connect to the throttle body and a metal bracket. Also 2 clamps. No paperwork.

Is this complete? Also, what do I do with the bracket?

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes you did get a complete set of the intake, but to put it on its goin to b hard, u need to take it to the shop becuz u have to cut the pipe to make it fit and to put the air reader what ever u call it between the pipe..

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I installed it last night. Boy, it made a huge difference...both in sound and in performance. It's especially noticeable around 3k to 4.5k rpm.

The only problem I had was three hoses left over from the OE intake. I'm not sure where to attach those.

The O2 sensor wire is a bit short, but I got it to reach.

Steve

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Did you lose any low end torque? Does it seem a little more sluggish low end even though top end has picked up?

On 2001-09-27 14:53, Meisner wrote:
Well, I installed it last night. Boy, it made a huge difference...both in sound and in performance. It's especially noticeable around 3k to 4.5k rpm.

The only problem I had was three hoses left over from the OE intake. I'm not sure where to attach those.

The O2 sensor wire is a bit short, but I got it to reach.

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts