Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Slow Learner
'99 Toyota Camry
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, just wondering if there was a toyota club in alabama? theres alot of modded toyotas in my town. just wondering if there was a club in mobile alabama.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey guys. I'm not a toyota owner but my brother is and he's looking for some local guys to get with. We're located in Birmingham, AL

email me at perrymuk @ bellsouth.net (without the spaces) if you're ever out this way.

He owns a 2005 Corolla XRS (we're currently preparing to turbocharge it) and he's got a little toyota beater truck for daily duty.

·
The Cool Guy
Toyota Camry 02
2,564 Posts
I stay in Biloxi so i imagine it'd be awhile. maybe in Mobile?

·
Slow Learner
'99 Toyota Camry
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, i think mobile would be a great place to have a group. its inbetween so many big cities.

RningOnFumes: i'v been asking myself that for 10 years

·
Registered
11 Posts
mobile is at least 6hours from our huntsville brothers..... why would we make an alabama meet closer for people in another state? Shouldn't we make it closer for the people from our own state?

·
Ninja-rator
4,262 Posts
Dude, I'm sorry, i confused you with BrianOwens, who used to have a similar handle as you. I didn't realize I did this until you meantioned the ten years thing.

If you can't find any...start one if you are interested

·
Slow Learner
'99 Toyota Camry
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^ are u sure? i was up in montgomery two days ago a saw alot of celicas driving around. even saw a gen 5 camry with an aftermarket muffler on it.

·
The Cool Guy
Toyota Camry 02
2,564 Posts
i used to stay in Biloxi, but now i'm up at starkville. =O

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey, just wondering if there was a toyota club in alabama? theres alot of modded toyotas in my town. just wondering if there was a club in mobile alabama.
Nah...my guess is because the local shops destroy them before we have enough time to organize. That, or someone steals them.

·
Registered
96 Posts
yeah, i think mobile would be a great place to have a group. its inbetween so many big cities.

L
RningOnFumes: i'v been asking myself that for 10 years
Be hard. As I mentioned above, we have a few issues here you’re not likely to find elsewhere.

*One: roving bands of thieves who consider stealing cars an honorable profession. In June, a guy in court told the jury the victim OWED him that car he’d stolen... as reparations for slavery. And he was serious. Worse yet...he got off. Seriously.

*Two: Yotas are few on the ground, as we employ morons in our shops and dealerships for lack of better options. Mines a ‘96 and got 90k miles...and purred like a kitten when backed off the truck in January. A gift from an elderly aunt who drove it while in Florida half the year. The car doesn’t even run now, thanks to The dealership and 9 other shops. My favorite was after a month at Palmer’s Toyota when they gave it back spewing smoke from the vents, the dash lit like a Christmas tree, and top speed of 35mph. I Didn’t even make it out the parking lot, and Flipped my wig in the service department, as I had no other transportation and it was a 8 mile walk home in the rain (again). To calm me down they yelled, “Sir! You just said To “fix it”,not fix it RIGHT!”. How does one respond to that? They eventually said they didn’t know what was wrong with it by then. Charged me $600 and threatened law if I didn’t pay.
Towed it home and they’d removed the VSV, the air filter, disconnected several vacuum lines, snipped wires down inside the wireloom and Tessa tape, and aparently drilled holes in catalytic converter.

And that, my friends, was just ONE of the 9 that have done the same thing to the Yota. Don’t get me started on PepBoys sending me out without brake pads, then closing for the day and leaving me there stranded. Or Precision Auto Tune charging $600 for a tune up and “forgetting” to put the fluids back in.
And Doesn’t count the near mint Ranger that after a trip to the dealership required a new engine/tranny and now doesn’t even roll parked on the side of the house. That series of f***ups was 8 shops and $15k. Not counting one loosing the keys.

Yeah, let’s meet FAR FAR away. Maybe Florida. Road trip. I’ll run sweeper and watch our tail till we cross the FloriBama. I recommend a YouTube subscription and a mechanics tool set before you swing down here, though. Don’t forget your weapons and permits. And an open plane ticket just in case, wouldn’t be a bad idea.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts