Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... 08 Tacoma DC LB ... At the time of purchase (11/07) dealer offered their installed alarm, which I declined and they deactivated.

At the carwash today, my Tacoma honked horn/blinked DTRLS about 3 times when being started and driven off of the wash line.

Anything to be concerned about?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Seems like an expensive proposition to install an alarm, then "deactivate it". If I were you, I'd try the RS3200 programming procedure below to see if you can activate this feature of the alarm:

programming option allows you to set the doors to lock when when the key is turned on, and unlock when the key is turned off.

* Open the driver's door. Remove the key from the ignition switch.
* (Complete these steps within 30 seconds)
1. Insert the key into the ignition switch.
2. Close, then open the driver's door 2 times.
(SHUT - OPEN - SHUT - OPEN)
3. Turn the key from LOCK to ON 5 times, ending at ON
(LOCK - ON - LOCK - ON - LOCK - ON - LOCK - ON - LOCK - ON)
* Programming option (select one of the following).
1. [Ignition controlled lock ON] Close the driver's door.
2. [Ignition controlled lock OFF] Close the driver's door twice, leaving it closed.
(SHUT - OPEN - SHUT)
* Turn the key to LOCK. The programming is complete. If programming did not occur, start over.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reviving a long-dead thread ... This has happened a total of four or five times times now.

The last incident was two weekends ago. Truck was sitting unmolested and horn honks with lights flashing. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
14,821 Posts
Do any of your electric door locks work weakly or not work? It's possible that the lock isn't locking totally and it's setting itself off. This happened to my Celica a few times before the driver side lock actuator failed completely, it would lock barely and sometimes the alarm would sound for seemingly no reason, once it stopped working and I had to lock it manually it never happened again and never has happened since rebuilding the door lock actuators with new motors.

·
Registered
489 Posts
If you have an alarm in your truck it could be the hood contact/trigger acting up.

I've been on a few Toyota forums that discuss this - my own experience was with my 2nd gen '06 Highlander, alarm would sound for no apparent reason at all and at all times of day/night after having it for 2 years. Got rid of the thing before fixing it.

I read that people in similar situations isolated it to the hood and replaced or shunted the switch to alleviate the problem.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.