Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
WALKING AND TRAVELING SUX
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alarm question, no more "beep" sound when i press the lock and unlock button. WHY?

thanks.

did my amplifier drain the battery? since i drove with it on for like 50 minutes, plus i had teh headlights on? the headlights werent dimming. THANKS

·
Toyota..Moving Forward-->
1995 Toyota Camry LE
163 Posts
Did you accidentally press two buttons at the same time? I know if I press two buttons on my transmitter at the same time, the sound is disabled. What is the make and model of your alarm?

·
Registered
452 Posts
the piezo buzzer might be faulty. I had the same problem, but after switching the buzzer, I got the beep back.

·
mixed bag 'o vehicles
2,862 Posts
i know my piezo chirper is beyond its last legs, it only chirps about once a month now if that.

·
Registered
616 Posts
hey umeshr can you tell me where you found this toggle at? I might have the same problem. Thanks

·
Still confused...
95 camry coupe v6
2,304 Posts
better yet, anyone know the location of that piezo chirper?

·
Registered
226 Posts
It is right by the brake booster.. If you're looking at your engine bay it is to your right up by the firewall.. It is covered in isulation.. A company in Columbus Ohio sells the factory piezo's for $18.. I replaced mine and I'm chirping again..

·
Registered
616 Posts
newbie212 said:
It is right by the brake booster.. If you're looking at your engine bay it is to your right up by the firewall.. It is covered in isulation.. A company in Columbus Ohio sells the factory piezo's for $18.. I replaced mine and I'm chirping again..
um.. can you simplfy this? I don't understand what you mean by the brake booster...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Look at your engine.. Facing the front, theres a black frisbee shaped thing in the right corner.. You can't miss it.. That is your brake booster.. The piezo is right in front of it..

·
Registered
452 Posts
newbie212 said:
Look at your engine.. Facing the front, theres a black frisbee shaped thing in the right corner.. You can't miss it.. That is your brake booster.. The piezo is right in front of it..
probably wrapped with some "sponge" and tied to some wire with a zip tie. If you look in the sponge thing, the piezo looks like a small cyliner about the diameter of a quarter, red in color.

·
Registered
616 Posts
thanks i'll take a look when i get off class. Hopefully that will fix my problem >_<

·
Registered
616 Posts
keithy said:
probably wrapped with some "sponge" and tied to some wire with a zip tie. If you look in the sponge thing, the piezo looks like a small cyliner about the diameter of a quarter, red in color.
now thats confusing :eek:

·
mixed bag 'o vehicles
2,862 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts