Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ever since I got this car (I have the S) I've been using Bluetooth to listen to my music . I've always thought it would be cool if it would actually display the album art of the music tho. Well yesterday my iPod was dying so I charged it while it was playing and I realized that for the first time, it actually showed the album cover for all the songs while it was playing which is awesome ! But the moment I disconnects it from charging it went away. I was wondering is there a way to display the album cover of the songs while using Bluetooth ????

·
Registered
2014 Corolla S
138 Posts
So ever since I got this car (I have the S) I've been using Bluetooth to listen to my music . I've always thought it would be cool if it would actually display the album art of the music tho. Well yesterday my iPod was dying so I charged it while it was playing and I realized that for the first time, it actually showed the album cover for all the songs while it was playing which is awesome ! But the moment I disconnects it from charging it went away. I was wondering is there a way to display the album cover of the songs while using Bluetooth ????
Not that I know of...the only way to display album art is by plugging in. This is the only way I can get it to work on the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee as well...

·
Registered
2014 Corolla LE ECO
18 Posts
I have much better success with a USB flash drive rather than a bluetooth device. I just leave it plugged in and don't have to worry about losing it. 16 GB drives are inexpensive and hold a lot of music. I use mp3tag to tie the album art to the mp3 and they all display perfectly. The radio sorts the files by album, author or song and works better than my android phone.

·
Registered
2014 Corolla S
138 Posts
I have much better success with a USB flash drive rather than a bluetooth device. I just leave it plugged in and don't have to worry about losing it. 16 GB drives are inexpensive and hold a lot of music. I use mp3tag to tie the album art to the mp3 and they all display perfectly. The radio sorts the files by album, author or song and works better than my android phone.
Hmm...that is interesting...had not thought of using a USB drive. I have not had any issue with Bluetooth and my iPhone 5S yet...other than bluetooth kills the battery, but it is kind of necessary as I am in my car a lot traveling...

·
Registered
125 Posts
U will only get artwork over USB, never over Bluetooth with Apple devices. They are not design to share the picture over BT.

some Android phones does it i think.

since playing over BT kills battery, just plug it in and listen over wire.

·
2002 Ford Focus SE
5,916 Posts
Have a related question (and I could probably go to the dealer and check, but ...)

I think the new Corolla uses GraceNote - how does this tie in?

i.e. if I plug in a USB stick with art embedded in my MP3 that isn't in the GraceNote database, will it show my art, or just show the art as missing?

If the song is in the GraceNote database, will it use the embedded art or the GraceNote art?

I assume if the song doesn't have embedded art, it will show the GraceNote art if it exists.

Thanks!

·
6-Speed Master
2014 Corolla S 6MT
999 Posts
TigerHeli, I'm not sure. GraceNote Album Covers show up for me on my One M8 over Bluetooth (provided it exists in the Database). It works for XM as well.

I imagine GraceNote would override, but the only way to tell would be to make a B.S. album art file, tie it to a song that you know exists in the database, and see what happens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.