Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I had 3 alignments and it still pulls to the right. The alignment guy is really cool and said he would hit whatever spec I gave him, but also mentioned I may need to take it to a "4x4 specific shop who knows more about my components." - that'll cost me more and would be a hassle for me. Anyway, I used info from this site to guide him.

My setup:

DR coilovers set at 2.5 "s (even measured height on both sides)
TC Upper control Arms
285/75/R16 tires
Swaybar removed

The first time, I just had them do their own alignment. Then I told them it pulled right, and they first tried to flop the front tires and then had to align again because that didn't tell them anything. Then I gave them guidance from Toku's writeup. The spec is set at the following now and it still pulls right.

Front Left ---Front Right
0.0 ----------0.0 Camber
2.6 ----------2.5 Caster
0.00 ---------0.01 Toe
12.1 ---------12.1 SAI
12.1 ---------12.1 Included Angle

FRONT
0.0 Cross Camber
0.1 Cross Camber
-0.1 Cross SAI
0.01 Total Toe

Any recomendations for alignment help, or what else may be causing the pull? I can post the previous specs if anyone wants them.

My only thought I just had was this... I went off DR's install guide to put on the shocks and they said to make sure the shorter of the spacers on the lower mount should be facing the FRONT of the vehicle (for axle clearance:confused:). This gave me swaybar clearance issues, so I removed the swaybar. Later I discovered All the other install tutorials say to have the shorter one in the rear. I don't see how that could affect alignment though.. just letting you all know everything I can about my setup. Oh yeah '05 Access cab 4x4 SR5

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
355 Posts
What type of tires are you running? I had the same issue with my truck, only it pulled to the left. I was running 265/75/16 Copper STT's. I got tired of the noise and traded them in for a set of Nitto Terra Grapplers in the same size. My pull was gone after the tire change. Another thing to check: If you replaced the rear springs, make sure you got them centered back up. Measure from a common point on the axle to the frame, on both sides. If the axle isn't square to the frame, it will cause pulling issues also.

·
Registered
155 Posts
So I had 3 alignments and it still pulls to the right. The alignment guy is really cool and said he would hit whatever spec I gave him, but also mentioned I may need to take it to a "4x4 specific shop who knows more about my components." - that'll cost me more and would be a hassle for me. Anyway, I used info from this site to guide him.

My setup:

DR coilovers set at 2.5 "s (even measured height on both sides)
TC Upper control Arms
285/75/R16 tires
Swaybar removed

The first time, I just had them do their own alignment. Then I told them it pulled right, and they first tried to flop the front tires and then had to align again because that didn't tell them anything. Then I gave them guidance from Toku's writeup. The spec is set at the following now and it still pulls right.

Front Left ---Front Right
0.0 ----------0.0 Camber
2.6 ----------2.5 Caster
0.00 ---------0.01 Toe
12.1 ---------12.1 SAI
12.1 ---------12.1 Included Angle

FRONT
0.0 Cross Camber
0.1 Cross Camber
-0.1 Cross SAI
0.01 Total Toe

Any recomendations for alignment help, or what else may be causing the pull? I can post the previous specs if anyone wants them.

My only thought I just had was this... I went off DR's install guide to put on the shocks and they said to make sure the shorter of the spacers on the lower mount should be facing the FRONT of the vehicle (for axle clearance:confused:). This gave me swaybar clearance issues, so I removed the swaybar. Later I discovered All the other install tutorials say to have the shorter one in the rear. I don't see how that could affect alignment though.. just letting you all know everything I can about my setup. Oh yeah '05 Access cab 4x4 SR5

Thanks in advance.

I got around to installing my Icon coil overs yesterday and installed the larger spacer to the front (which is what the directions say). This is for sway bar clearance. but that wouldn't' cause ur alignment problems. That is weird. I also installed the tc uca's and my truck drives straight as it did before the install, i am gonna get my alignment this week!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies...

I only did 1" blocks in the back... and I have the TSB springs. The holes/posts in the blocks and springs should align the rear for me right? Or could the rear still be out of alignment? The rear being out makes the most sense to me since it has consistently pulled right, but I don't know.

And also, they flopped the two front tires, so I think I can rule out the tire pressure idea, but I'll check.

I don't think I like the way it is with the swaybar off, so I'm going to put that back on and remount the shocks and see what happens there.

I also thought I'd mention I did drop the front diff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.