Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if all 3 of the control knobs uses the same bulbs?

The fan control knob light just went out and the heat / ac knob has been off for awhile, i just want to replace them all.

· Registered
69 Posts
Each knob had its own bulb, about $5 each at the dealer. Replacing them is fairly straight forward. I used the attached video to do mine. This is part 1, and the link to part 2 is available on it. I had 2 out and only did those, but I wish I had done them all as the one I left alone is definitely dimmer than the 2 new ones.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I replaced all 3 bulbs this was a easy job wish i had done it long ago.

I did not take apart the controls like shown in the videos all i did was disconnect the 3 controls from the factory wiring harness pulled the bulbs.

· Registered
495 Posts
The left bulb has been out on my mother's 2012 Corolla for 4-5 years now. Now that she is retired I should be able to have access to the car to replace it. She said she used to tap on the control knob and the light would come back on. That worked for a while. It might be that the bulb is not making proper contact. It could still be good. If I'm going to take things apart, I'd rather just replace all three bulbs anyways.

Might be a good job to do in the spring though. I hate messing with plastic in the winter. The stuff is brittle as it is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts