Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Tacoma DC 4X4
31 Posts
^^The Resi's hold more oil and reduce shock fade when you're going fast over bumps. They just also happen to have adjustable valving, meaning you can set em soft or stiff.

I have their 3" springs and Fox setup on my truck. It's nice.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^The Resi's hold more oil and reduce shock fade when you're going fast over bumps. They just also happen to have adjustable valving, meaning you can set em soft or stiff.

I have their 3" springs and Fox setup on my truck. It's nice.
Thanks Bravo... Just out of curiosity, what size tires are you running now?

·
Registered
2007 Tacoma DC 4X4
31 Posts
265/75/16 BFG MTs.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
check this out:
http://www.chaosfab.com/toyaccess_rearsus.html
'Toyota TC/Deaver 62” Leaf Spring Package'

second item...it doesn't say it fits the 05+ tacoma but I think if you call they can modify the kit.
thanks dude but it's probably way more than what I need. Also, I doubt I'd be able to install them myself and I don't have the cash to be paying for installs. Besides I'd rather go with trailing arms for a long travel rear suspension.

Which brings me to another question, how are the reservoir shocks from the All Pro kit mounted? If anyone has pics I'd really appreciate it.

·
Registered
2006 SCPrerunner BSP
798 Posts
check this out:
http://www.chaosfab.com/toyaccess_rearsus.html
'Toyota TC/Deaver 62” Leaf Spring Package'

second item...it doesn't say it fits the 05+ tacoma but I think if you call they can modify the kit.
Dude, you really have no clue do you? There is way more involved in putting 62's on our truck. TC has not put 62's on an 05+. The only people to do so have been Richer Racing, DMZ Fab, and Baja Shop, and one guy on TTORA that did his own. There is alot of fab involved for that since we have a frame that tapers. Makes shackles really tricky.

Setyn7, there are brackets included in the kit that bolt onto the frame of your truck to hold the resis.

·
Registered
2007 Tacoma DC 4X4
31 Posts
thanks dude but it's probably way more than what I need. Also, I doubt I'd be able to install them myself and I don't have the cash to be paying for installs. Besides I'd rather go with trailing arms for a long travel rear suspension.

Which brings me to another question, how are the reservoir shocks from the All Pro kit mounted? If anyone has pics I'd really appreciate it.
I wanna say that all of the rear resi shocks that All Pro sells are the piggyback style, meaning they're attached to the main body of the shock. My Foxes are like that anyway. For the front, my shocks came with a bracket to mount the resi to, and little blocks to relocate the sway bar.

Here's a pic of the front set up...

And the rear...

And my truck with everything on it...

·
One with the Force
1,521 Posts
This could be the same guy from TTORA, I'm not sure but theres a guy on Expeditionportal that converted to shackles

If you go to the 6" lift thread or the official picture thread I have more pics posted and links to the Build up thread on ExPo.

Talk to Taco Chaser over there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts