Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did a search...i know silver streak did it....how do you red out the amber portion of your taillights??....step by step please cus im not that nice

·
_trancemaster_
399 Posts
Silver Streak said:
^ couldn't be simpler.

You can either paint the whole outside of the lens, or take off the lens, and just simply paint the orange reflector red. No real steps to explain.

You mean it is possible to take appart the tail light and take that yellow piece out???

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^yeh...u can jus take lense out once you take the light off?...and what are the chances of "bubbling" what is that anyway?

·
Banning is an art.
1992 Camry V6 LE
3,269 Posts
Go to my website for some more pics of everything. I've done everything I could to my tails, except for LEDs which I want to do..but Tony beat me to it.

Where have some of you guys been man? Whenever I do a mod, I advertise it like mad. Here's another pic without the amber piece. This can ONLY be taken out of the 92-94 Camries I believe. All you have to do is remove the lens, and that amber piece just falls out. This pic does NOT have the amber piece in it. If you want all red tails, just use some glass paint from Walmart, paint it and stick it all back together. No sanding required, as I painted the inside.

·
_trancemaster_
399 Posts
Silver Streak said:
Go to my website for some more pics of everything. I've done everything I could to my tails, except for LEDs which I want to do..but Tony beat me to it.

Where have some of you guys been man? Whenever I do a mod, I advertise it like mad. Here's another pic without the amber piece. This can ONLY be taken out of the 92-94 Camries I believe. All you have to do is remove the lens, and that amber piece just falls out. This pic does NOT have the amber piece in it. If you want all red tails, just use some glass paint from Walmart, paint it and stick it all back together. No sanding required, as I painted the inside.

We've been dozzing off obviously.:lol:
Uh-oh... I got '96 camry, it better work... I'm gonna try to do it.
Man so much stuff I wanna do to my camry right now. Just two more weeks and I'm done with all those stupid finals and school, THEN i'll kick some @$$:)LOL

·
permanent hiatus
735 Posts
i wonder if taking that amber piece out would pi$$ off cops around here... maybe if you stuck an amber bulb in there?

when removing the lens, will a blowdryer be sufficient, or is there no other way besides the oven? also what glue did you use to put back together...

·
permanent hiatus
735 Posts
hey silver it says on your webpage that you painted the amber lenses silver... did you paint them and put them back or just remove them altogether?

·
Banning is an art.
1992 Camry V6 LE
3,269 Posts
First off, just search on my name and the word 'taillight' or something, and find the orginal posts. There's probably a ton of info. I feel like I have a bunch of camry groupies right now.....:bowdown:

camrymax: I'm sure you can still paint the amber part, but you can't remove it...well, that's what I was told from someone last year.

ryuji16 - I don't see why a cop would pull you over...it's just a clear lens, tons of cars have a stock red/clear combo. An amber bulb would help though. A blow dryer is NOT hot enough, you'll need an oven (make sure to watch it) or a heatgun. I just used some clear silicon and the old glue on there to seal it up. Silicon isn't the best thing to use as it doesn't contract well in the winter, but if you use a lot, you should be ok. You must be smoking some crack cuz I can't find anywhere on my site where it says I painted the amber len silver? First time around, I just removed it. There's also a stock clear lens underneath the amber on, as you can see in the pic. Well, didn't like the clear look, so I put the amber lens back, and painted it red.

tarzan - I picked the name pretty quickly, didn't really know there was a transformer named that. My car is silver, was the 17th member to join...didn't realize I'd have to stick with it 10,000+ members later!

·
Banning is an art.
1992 Camry V6 LE
3,269 Posts
^ hmmm, I'm probably not the best one to ask, as I melted a tailight lens!

This is from what I know. I believe you set it to 175 degrees fareheit and put it in for 5-10 minutes. At 5 minutes, see if the lens will pop off...don't use too much force, you'll crack the lens. Put in on a wet towel in the oven so it won't burn. Make sure it's on a low rack, as the lens will cave in (melt) if it's too high. Pop it back in the oven if it's not ready. Never leave the oven to watch TV as I did...:hammer:

Try searching the Maxima.org Gen5 forums, a lot of people bake their tails on there as well.

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,583 Posts
I helped somebody bake their lights once. Only suggestion I have is BE PATIENT. Start off at a low heat. Take it out and check it ocassionally. Incease the temp slightly until the adhesive softens. Once it does, start opening the lense. It will cool down on you as you work. Put it back in the oven again if necessary or use a heat gun to keep it warm. Good luck.

·
I get angry when Im sober
1,858 Posts
CamryMax said:
We've been dozzing off obviously.:lol:
Uh-oh... I got '96 camry, it better work... I'm gonna try to do it.
Man so much stuff I wanna do to my camry right now. Just two more weeks and I'm done with all those stupid finals and school, THEN i'll kick some @$$:)LOL
doesnt work for you... only gen3 not 3.5

1 - 20 of 58 Posts