Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Rolla96
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I wanted to get new All Seasons installed on my 2004 Sienna CE.

Any recommendations? I already have winters.

·
Registered
Rolla96
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update
I've found the following sets for < $200 (for the set) and am thinking of going for one of them.
Michelin MX4, ~85% tread, 4 tires
Michelin 4x4 Synchrone, ~80% tread, 5 tires

They're used of course.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Never buy MX4. It's a cheap quality from Michelin and round after a short time. Harmony is best as far as i know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have '01 Sienna....Love Goodyear Assurance Triple Tred in 215/65/15...even better than the Comfort Treds...with litttle downside on noise...Urban and Rural roads...dry and wet....love the tire. 'Gonna' get them for my Prius(5k) when the time comes...the stock integrities are so so ...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I put the triple Tred's on my 2005 Infiniti G35x. The tire has fantastic traction BUT it ROARS like no other tire on this car. I hate them because they are so LOUD.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yokohama Avid V4S

Yokohama Avid V4S performed very well for me in both dry and very wet conditions. I did not use them in deep snow however, so can't speak for that. All other conditions, they were the best I've tried. Tightened up the mini-van's slushy handling nicely, too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I went with the Goodyear Comfort Treads from Big O...very quiet and great wearing tires.

Noise complaints of the Triple Treads scared me off, I had some noisy Duelers on my 1998 4Runner that drove me crazy.

--Hugh

·
2004 FWD Sienna LXE
40 Posts
Yokohama Avid V4S performed very well for me in both dry and very wet conditions. I did not use them in deep snow however, so can't speak for that. All other conditions, they were the best I've tried. Tightened up the mini-van's slushy handling nicely, too.

I agree with this post, as I just got a set of the Yokohama AVID TRZ. They were a "recommended" buy, from that consumer reporting agency that accepts no advertising. Although I only have 1,600 miles on them, they are super comfortable / quiet and they are the first set to tighten up my steering. We've had severe thunderstoms here this past week, with stong side gusts, and I never swerved. Thought I had a new van. Passing a tractor trailer on the interstate is tight and clean. They're cheaper than Michelin, and may become my new favorite tire. Only 59,400 miles left.:thumbsup:

One note though: They "sing" when the roads are wet. :thumbsdow
I guess that's because they are susposed to have "Excellent" hydroplaning resistance and "Very Good" wet braking.

·
Registered
2004 Sienna XLE
11 Posts
Tires

Hello everyone,

I am brand new to this forum and the owner of a 2004 Sienna XLE FWD. After the original Dunlop tires wore out at approximately 27K miles, I purchased the Yokohama AVID TRZ. I loved the ride and quietness of these tires. However, they only lasted approximately 26K. This despite the fact I maintained the proper tire pressure and I rotated the tires every 6K miles. I just purchase a set of Michellin Harmony and I hope this will last a bit longer.

Best,
Eric

·
Registered
193 Posts
I will go for the Nokian. Best tires I even use. This tires is very good on Winter if there are snow. They are no cheap. Have to wait on sale to cut some cost. Only Kal tire carry them in Canada. Their Mounting and Balance is $ 20.00 each. Kind of high.

But very good tires.

MX4 not very good

·
2004 FWD Sienna LXE
40 Posts
Hello everyone,

I am brand new to this forum and the owner of a 2004 Sienna XLE FWD. After the original Dunlop tires wore out at approximately 27K miles, I purchased the Yokohama AVID TRZ. I loved the ride and quietness of these tires. However, they only lasted approximately 26K. This despite the fact I maintained the proper tire pressure and I rotated the tires every 6K miles. I just purchase a set of Michellin Harmony and I hope this will last a bit longer.

Best,
Eric

Wow, as a first time owner of a set of the Yokohama AVID TRZ tires, you have me worried. Have you had your alignment checked by the dealer? My only thought is that your Dunlops wore out fast, too.

·
Registered
2002 Sienna CE
30 Posts
We've got a set of Michelin Harmony tires on our van and we're pretty happy with them. They're quiet and have good tread life.

ACCCC

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nokian WR's on 04 Sienna

I've had these tires on my Sienna year-round for three years now and am about to replace them. These tires have admirably handled the winters (and summers) of Central Oregon, and have greatly simplified winterizing the car - at least for my wife. The annual Christmas trek down to California also became much more pleasant without the studded tires the WR's replaced, with no apparent deterioration in performance.

I started shopping on the web after discovering that - after moving back to Southern Ca. - the nearest Nokian tire vendor was in Sacramento. A search brought up a posting in the Camry forum here last year about special discounts on Nokian tires from TiresByWeb to Toyotanation members. Since I've already made my decision on what tires to get, I thought it was worth asking if they would do the same this year, and the answer, in a word, is yes. See below:

Stan,

I can help you out with that question. We can offer the ToyotaNation members a special offer again this year. We will give a $10 per tire discount when purchasing a set of 4 Nokian tires. Just ask for Pat at 800-576-1009 x775 and mention the ToyotaNation offer.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Thanks,

Pat Howley
Sales Professional
Tires By Web
800-576-1009 ext 775
www.TiresByWeb.com
[email protected]

I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting this note here. Since I'm not the actual vendor I can't post it in that forum. Anyway, if you're looking for Nokian tires, their prices are pretty good, the people are helpful, and the tires get there fast. I know this 'cuz I have a set of WR's I got from them on my *ack* Civic Hybrid.

Kind regards,

Stan Hinman

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nokian WR's on 04 Sienna

I've had these tires on my Sienna year-round for three years now and am about to replace them. These tires have admirably handled the winters (and summers) of Central Oregon, and have greatly simplified winterizing the car - at least for my wife. The annual Christmas trek down to California also became much more pleasant without the studded tires the WR's replaced, with no apparent deterioration in performance.

I started shopping on the web after discovering that - after moving back to Southern Ca. - the nearest Nokian tire vendor was in Sacramento. A search brought up a posting in the Camry forum here last year about special discounts on Nokian tires from TiresByWeb to Toyotanation members. Since I've already made my decision on what tires to get, I thought it was worth asking if they would do the same this year, and the answer, in a word, is yes. See below:

Stan,

I can help you out with that question. We can offer the ToyotaNation members a special offer again this year. We will give a $10 per tire discount when purchasing a set of 4 Nokian tires. Just ask for Pat at 800-576-1009 x775 and mention the ToyotaNation offer.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Thanks,

Pat Howley
Sales Professional
Tires By Web
800-576-1009 ext 775
www.TiresByWeb.com
[email protected]

I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting this note here. Since I'm not the actual vendor I can't post it in that forum. Anyway, if you're looking for Nokian tires, their prices are pretty good, the people are helpful, and the tires get there fast. I know this 'cuz I have a set of WR's I got from them on my *ack* Civic Hybrid.

Kind regards,

Stan Hinman

1 - 16 of 16 Posts