Toyota Nation Forum banner
41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Re: Re: Temjin

Kwanza said:
You're not reffering to NEVERSTOP or that Ebay car in Florida?

I swear... every Celica webboard I go to, this gets brought up. I don't know how many times I've tried explaining to the helpless people who want an ST205... Funny how he claims he wants to "build", yet has no idea what needs to be done to actually "build" a car like that... Probably one of those import tuners who call slapping on intakes, rims, and fart cans "building"... :rolleyes:
Theres a by the name of Qatar who was doing the conversion too. Haven't heard about his progress, but he didn't buy a cut up st205 for nothing.

As for "build," hes on here to get information on the project. Which would eventually lead to the decision of going for the project or start on a different one. Hes done a RHD conversion. He wants a new challenge. Whats wrong with that? And before you go with it the new one, you have to gather information. Whats for funny bout that??

·
Registered
446 Posts
Re: Re: Temjin

robbie said:
ehhrm bragging rights to what exactly? that you were too cheap to just import a ST205 and do a LHD conversion and/or that your car is dodgy as fuck?

Seriously dude, just import a ST205 and do a LHD conversion or just keep it RHD if you are that set on having a 6th gen alltrac..
Isn't it the obvious what bragging rights I'm talking bout? Its bragging rights of having done the project. If you can truely say you converted your fwd na to an awd turbo, you've got bragging rights. Also, have it ever occurred to you that some people just want to build or convert a car rather than just buying it? The key reasons why people do that is so they know every little thing about their car. They know what was done and if it was done right because they did it. Its a learning experience. Simple as that. Thats a true enthusiast and not just some kid who bought a bunch of bolt on stuff and slapped them on. You ain't got no bragging rights there. You didn't do anything. Why do you think so many muscle car enthusiast look down on this new wave of sportcompact tuners? Most of them don't do nothing to their cars but buy products and drop them in. They don't even know how to tune their cars correctly.

Its more likely the challenge he seeks and not just to have the car. Why not direct him to where he needs to go?

·
Immortal
332 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Temjin

TubRog5 said:
Theres a by the name of Qatar who was doing the conversion too. Haven't heard about his progress, but he didn't buy a cut up st205 for nothing.

As for "build," hes on here to get information on the project. Which would eventually lead to the decision of going for the project or start on a different one. Hes done a RHD conversion. He wants a new challenge. Whats wrong with that? And before you go with it the new one, you have to gather information. Whats for funny bout that??
I know who mike is (qatar) and I know, or knew what and where he was with his project, which has not been updated in quite a while. Nothing against the people who wanna try, but if a guy like Mike (qatar) is yet to finish the project in the past 2 years, then it obviously is a project a bit beyond the vast majority here...

Just so you know TubRog, spitting out what other people have said/claimed/done/planning and actually comparing and actually planning to do, studying the undercarriage, doing the measurements, gathering parts... it's a bit more to swallow than the just blowing smoke. I for one have full access to a shop with all of the materials necessary to do a project like this, and have done back study into what donor parts can be used, yet I still say well over 90% of the people here will not be able to complete a project like this and make it right, myself included...

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
FINALLLY!!! I've been meaning to say something about this damn forum needing a sticky about the all-trac/half trac conversions. It seems like its asked every week :D

Yay for fixing problems :cool:

·
GT-i Crew
632 Posts
Ahh... the Gods have finally listened to our pleads, let us sacrifice a virgin in their honor... :D

Thanks dude, sorry about posting the request in the wrong forum

·
Registered
446 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Temjin

Kwanza said:
I know who mike is (qatar) and I know, or knew what and where he was with his project, which has not been updated in quite a while. Nothing against the people who wanna try, but if a guy like Mike (qatar) is yet to finish the project in the past 2 years, then it obviously is a project a bit beyond the vast majority here...

Just so you know TubRog, spitting out what other people have said/claimed/done/planning and actually comparing and actually planning to do, studying the undercarriage, doing the measurements, gathering parts... it's a bit more to swallow than the just blowing smoke. I for one have full access to a shop with all of the materials necessary to do a project like this, and have done back study into what donor parts can be used, yet I still say well over 90% of the people here will not be able to complete a project like this and make it right, myself included...
True, it won't be easy to find all the parts needed. And yes, the proper tools for the conversion would be needed. But you see, the problem with this forum is that most if not all of the people are so quick to say something like, "Just import a GTFOUR," or "Just get yourself an st185." The guy came in here asking for information or a direction. Instead, people shoot him down and chased him away. Thats why I said what I did in my first post. And also, a lot of those people who do shoot him down, don't really know what needs to be done in the conversion anyways. Yet, they speak as if they do. And some, are just annoying. If you don't have anything good to type down, then don't. Who ever says those people have to respond in the first place? This is a message forum. Things are gonna be asked over and over again. Those people need to get use to it.

·
Immortal
332 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Temjin

TubRog5 said:
True, it won't be easy to find all the parts needed. And yes, the proper tools for the conversion would be needed. But you see, the problem with this forum is that most if not all of the people are so quick to say something like, "Just import a GTFOUR," or "Just get yourself an st185." The guy came in here asking for information or a direction. Instead, people shoot him down and chased him away. Thats why I said what I did in my first post. And also, a lot of those people who do shoot him down, don't really know what needs to be done in the conversion anyways. Yet, they speak as if they do. And some, are just annoying. If you don't have anything good to type down, then don't. Who ever says those people have to respond in the first place? This is a message forum. Things are gonna be asked over and over again. Those people need to get use to it.
That's why this topic is now a stickie... Unless you yourself have some background information beyond spitting out the stuff that has been "discussed" all over the celica forums (i've explained mine already)... then take your own advice. Also note, this topic has only ever been "discussed" and not a single person has ever proven any results, promising or not to the community. Whatever positive statements you have about the conversion, that's your opinion contrary to the facts that an AWD conversion is only not feasible (for the average budget anyway), but also requires a bit more expertise that only a few select people here can offer.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Temjin

Kwanza said:
That's why this topic is now a stickie... Unless you yourself have some background information beyond spitting out the stuff that has been "discussed" all over the celica forums (i've explained mine already)... then take your own advice. Also note, this topic has only ever been "discussed" and not a single person has ever proven any results, promising or not to the community. Whatever positive statements you have about the conversion, that's your opinion contrary to the facts that an AWD conversion is only not feasible (for the average budget anyway), but also requires a bit more expertise that only a few select people here can offer.
If you haven't been reading, then I should let you know now. I do in fact take my own advice. I help direct them to where they may be able to get more information. Also, for you information, I haven't given him any advice at all that has been said before in this forum. I simply just told him not to listen to all the negative responses. Then went on telling him I can "help" direct him to where he can get "help." I'm not just here to learn, I'm here to pass on whatever knowledge I can provide. If I don't have the answers, then I tell them where they might be able to get some help.

As for awd conversions, its been done enough times where the information is just waiting to get out. Celica's have been converted to gtfour's. Mirage's have been converted to evo's. How do you expect to get any good information on the subject if you keep shooting every person down everything time the subject comes up? If you have doubts that the person asking can do it or not, then ask them the questions that tells you how serious they might be about the project. Ask them what research they've done. Ask them how much money they have. Ask them what other projects they may have done. Those are the kinds of question you should ask the person before you tell him to just go buy an alltrac. Temjin has done a LHD to a RHD. Has it ever crossed your mind that he might be serious about this one?

I must also say, making this topic a sticky won't do much anyways. Theres nothing in this thread thats helpful to anyone asking about the awd conversion.

·
Registered
160 Posts
So has anybody built anything in the time that this thread has been going on?

Honestly, its nice to see new and refreshing things tried, its called being unique. At the same time, when you have people explaining the difficulties and problems you will encounter in a huge project like the one proposed in this topic, especially those who have partaken in such projects, they should not be scolded at for being "negative", but listened to for they have gone through these difficult times.

This is a message and information board. Repeated questions do get annoying to answer time and time again. Im sure that I have asked a "stupid" question because I couldnt find it through the archives, but when a question is reasked by a newb, just point them in the direction they should be heading to obtain the information the seek. We are all here for pretty much the same reasons, to gain knowledge and share ideas.

Lets all get along, and get back to enjoying a great car called the Celica, whether it be an ST, GT, GT-S, ALLTRAC, GT-4 or even a V-8 TT Celi that some genius built making 900hp.

·
Registered
5 Posts
lcarocha said:

The cheapest way is to but an Alltrac, the are no bif differences between an Alltrac and a GT4 (JDM/Euro name) except for the ECU in witch the JDM version is programmaed to run on 100 Octane fuel whereas the Alltrac is not.
Dont they go by RON over in Japan?

·
Registered
1 Posts
NOONE HERE KNOWS A SHIT OF WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT.
THE MOD IS DOABLE AND IT HAS BEEN DONE MANY TIMES.
THE ONLY DIFERENCE ON THE ST205 CHASSIS IS THE TRUNK BOTOM WICH CAN BE CHANGED EASILY SO YOU CAN PUT ON THE GT4 FUELTANK.JUST LIKE IF YOU WERE HITEN ON THE BACK.EVERYTHING ALSE JUST BOLTS ON.EVEN THE SUPER STRUT SUSPENSION.
AND AS FOR THE ADITIONAL WELDING AND STRENTHENING THAT IS TRUE BUT ONLY ON THE GENUINE RACE CARS.ALL THE OTHERS ARE THE SAME EXEPT THAT LITLE DIFERENCE AT THE TRUNK.IN FACT THE ONLY THING THAT IS THE SAME ON THE ST205 AND AT200,ST202,ST203 IS THE CHASSIS
SO,IF YOU DON'T REALE KNOW,DON'T SPEAK.JUST LISTEN IN CASE YOU LEARN SOMETHING NEW.
THE FASTEST CELICA IN GREECE RIGHT NOW IS A 6TH GEN GT4 BUILT UP FROM A HUMBLE AT200.
AND FOR LAST THE 6TH GEN WAS NEVER CALED "ALL TRAC" ONLY GT4.

·
Registered
23 Posts
what the hell was that

i thought somebody was going to give step by step instructions or at least tell me where to get step by step instructions on how much time effort equipment money and mods it takes to make my st 91 into an ass ripping street monster with good history behind it i wanted to show these honda driving sissies that you can mod a celica with toyota parts and whip some honda ass. their cars snap together like leggos i wanted to show them that the celica blood line was a cut above theirs but it just takes actuall effort not like snapping connects together,
but you people soured it with your bickering and disgraced the good name of the gtfour
i wanna revive the beast i dont care how long it takes we all have other cars
i dont care how many tools i have to rent or parts i have to replace but you people talked me out of it (your advice for me was sound by the way) but damnit if somebody has a gt and they want a gt four why not make it wheres the pride at people honda kids drop new engines all the time whats wrong with that
now im fucked for the gt four but i eventually will have it one way or the other, it will be mine
i thought that was the goal of this forum :nutkick:

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
killaziggy said:
i thought somebody was going to give step by step instructions or at least tell me where to get step by step instructions on how much time effort equipment money and mods it takes to make my st 91 into an ass ripping street monster with good history behind it i wanted to show these honda driving sissies that you can mod a celica with toyota parts and whip some honda ass. their cars snap together like leggos i wanted to show them that the celica blood line was a cut above theirs but it just takes actuall effort not like snapping connects together,
but you people soured it with your bickering and disgraced the good name of the gtfour
i wanna revive the beast i dont care how long it takes we all have other cars
i dont care how many tools i have to rent or parts i have to replace but you people talked me out of it (your advice for me was sound by the way) but damnit if somebody has a gt and they want a gt four why not make it wheres the pride at people honda kids drop new engines all the time whats wrong with that
now im fucked for the gt four but i eventually will have it one way or the other, it will be mine
i thought that was the goal of this forum :nutkick:

I can import one for you from Japan :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
http://www.toyotacelicaonline.com/celica1/3sgteswap.htm
here a site that give u a little info....well tis is wat i knoe...i knoe that a rav4 4wd will bolt rite up on to the 6th gen celica...and the motor and tranny bolt rite up to the celica gt as well...but the st model u will have to do some extra mod for the motor...i suggest u get a font clip celica gtfour...ull get everything from the front clip that is needed to swap...well for all the people who said get an rhd gtfour and converted it to a lhd ur a dumb ass for that one...they sell lhd celica gtfour in the UK market....and there is 6th gen celica gtfour in the US..there ppl that have been importing it here...

·
Registered
16 Posts
hey dude i dont knoe wat the ***k your talking about but they do sell lhd celica in the UK market....well you needa stop pulling stuff out of your ass and get the fact straight before u say anything...Tell me then: wat county does the most ralli racing?....

41 - 60 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.