Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya it's me again. The crazy white kid who wants to put a 3SGTE in his corolla :D . Anyway down to my point, it was suggested that I get a celica Al Trac. I did a search of the forums and found lots of info. So basically All Trac has to do with suspension unless I read it wrong. Not AWD but not 4WD at the same time. Basically 2 LSDs with rotors from what I read. Now I also read converting this isn't the cheapest thing in the world. So couldn't I just get some rotors on the back tires, big brakes on the front and an LSD? Also I was advised for a Mr2 rear clip...Umm isn't that the actual back half of the car? I just need the engine with all the trimmings :D

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
First thing.. if you wanna put a 3SGTE in your Corolla, you don't have to convert the car to ALL-TRAC just because you're getting a 3SGTE from a Celica. You can get either a 3SGTE from a Celica or an MR2 without having to convert to ALL-TRAC or mid engine... :rolleyes: all you have to do is mate the 3SGTE to the transmission from a 3SGE powered Celica (GTS) or a 3SGE powered Camry. :)

·
Registered
1990 Celica GTS
2,714 Posts
I believe all AllTracs are some from of AWD. There is AllTrac Corolla sedan and wagon.
MR2 got the engine at the rear, that's why you get the rear clip. MR2 clip is best bet because it come with a tranny you can use. With Celica clip, you'll need to find a FWD tranny. I believe the 5S-FE tranny will mate to the 3S-GTE.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so a Mr2 "Clip" refers to the engine tranny and everything else associated with them? ok good, I searched Mr2 rear clip and got the back end of the car. Spiffy :D

·
Registered
136 Posts
Flea said:
ok so a Mr2 "Clip" refers to the engine tranny and everything else associated with them? ok good, I searched Mr2 rear clip and got the back end of the car. Spiffy :D
when you buy a clip you basically get half a car. in your case you would get the whole back half of the mr2. if your lucky you may even get the suspension and brakes. (but those are no use to you)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts