Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the front wheel allignment on our car done in October and it's starting to pull to the right, AGAIN. I'm careful not to drive over pot holes and not to hit curbs when parking. Could somthing be worn that is causing the allignment to go out quickly? If so where should I look? Could the struts cause this?

Thanks in advance.

·
'96 Rolla DX
1996 Corolla DX
531 Posts
Are you the first and only owner of your car? If not someone could have got it into an accident and bent the frame. No alignment in the world can fix that shit. But I wonder if it could be control arm, tie rod end, ball joint, etc.

PS. Delete your other thread theres no need for 2

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.
We bought the car a year old and this just started happening. I was thinking maybe a tie rod but i'm not mechanic.

JD

·
Registered
983 Posts
92putalong said:
Thanks for the reply.
We bought the car a year old and this just started happening. I was thinking maybe a tie rod but i'm not mechanic.

JD
Sounds like a tie rod end. :ugh3: Better take it to someone else because no reputable mechanic will give you an alignment without first checking for problems(That's were they make their money ;) ...If its the tie rod end your looking at $100...If you had it done in Oct most places give a 90 guarantee on their work :) ...good luck...Radd Guy...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Meineke was the one that did the allignment in October. They said that the left front wheel wasn't completely strieght. They said it was pushed back and couldn't be completely alligned. If this was true, I've been told it should stay alligned and not need an allignment again after 3 months. :wtf:
Service guy then said, just bring it in when it's needed, we'll take care of you....:confused:

I'm going to drop it off Friday with a another shop that had done work for some of the folks here on base.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
983 Posts
They said that the left front wheel wasn't completely strieght. They said it was pushed back and couldn't be completely alligned

That's scary :yikes: Take it to a AAA approved place at least if they screw up you have some leverage through AAA...We have a "Conrads" here that won't touch an alignment unless you know everything that needs replaced and then have it done to save them a lawsuit down the road!...Sears Auto is another good place...Good Luck and let us know whats happening :) ...Radd Guy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts