Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Rav4 Limited
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals,

Thot I'd join TN so I can learn more about my 2006 Rav4 Limited. Joining looks like a great idea for a first-time Toyota owner.

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,703 Posts
:welcome: to Toyota Nation! I noticed your thread title, and if you happen to be a transplanted Hawaiian we have a SuperMod here who also a transplant. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2006 Rav4 Limited
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome Desert Rat! or should I call you TrailDust? I'm not a Hawaiian transplant but my niece just got married there. I learned that aloha in the hawaiian language means affection, compassion, peace and mercy. Kinda cool.
Maybe someone could tell me how the tire pressure dash light is triggered on my 2006 Rav4. I'm 61 and they never had fancy stuff like this when I was growing up.

·
Full Throttle
1993 Corolla SE Ltd
6,774 Posts
Maybe someone could tell me how the tire pressure dash light is triggered on my 2006 Rav4. I'm 61 and they never had fancy stuff like this when I was growing up.
There is a small sensor in the valve cap on each tire. The light will come on if one or more of your tires is either under-inflated or over-inflated. If the light comes on and the air pressure in all four tires is within the specified limit, be sure to also check the air pressure in your spare tire as this will trigger the light too.

·
Registered
2006 Rav4 Limited
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Transferable valve sensors?

Thanks KC---when the tires are worn out is it easy to remove the sensors and put them in your new tires?

Cheers,

Shane

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,703 Posts
Shane, you can visit this website from Toyota, which thoroughly explains the TPMS system on Toyotas. :thumbsup: With TPMS one important thing to remember is if the light ever comes on to visually inspect all four tires first, then test the air pressure in the spare tire. Most often low pressure in the spare is the culprit.

BTW, you can call me either TrailDust or Kevin....:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts