Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2002 Camry
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

Does anyone have the Alpine SPS-609 6x9 speakers installed (front door) in their Gen5? If yes, how does it sound?

Thanks

·
Frugal Modder
2002 Toyota Camry LE
47 Posts
Hey

Does anyone have the Alpine SPS-609 6x9 speakers installed (front door) in their Gen5? If yes, how does it sound?

Thanks

Read speaker reviews man, it doesnt matter what car you have for the speakers to sound good or bad, I personally like Pioneers and have those in my rear deck, but Alpine makes a quality product and any 6x9 speaker that is not stock will sound great. When you get to replacing the speaker you will notice that the stock speaker is many times lighter than the aftermarket speaker. That in itself should tell you about the quality of the stocks.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
i have 6.5 alpine type r is my truck, it sound nice, try getting component speaker for your front stage, i currenty have infinity 6.5 component hook up to a amp and it sound pretty good.

·
2002 Camry
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Read speaker reviews man, it doesnt matter what car you have for the speakers to sound good or bad, I personally like Pioneers and have those in my rear deck, but Alpine makes a quality product and any 6x9 speaker that is not stock will sound great. When you get to replacing the speaker you will notice that the stock speaker is many times lighter than the aftermarket speaker. That in itself should tell you about the quality of the stocks.
Yeah, i did read the reviews, but I am planning to use my factory head unit to drive these speakers, so I wanted to know how the combination will sound. Also, how these speakers sound in the GEn5 front speaker placement.

Speakers will sound different for different cars, because the placement of the speakers is different for each car. For example, a speaker that sounds a little high at ear level might be fine some cars where the speakers are very low on the ground.

Really expensive speakers can sound like crap if your amp/head unit doesn't have enough power to drive it.

Any way, my point is, I want to know how these speaker sound with factory head unit in a GEN 5.

·
2002 Camry
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IMO using a factory radio and changing the speakers with a high end is just a waste of money. yes it will sound good just a little bit but compared to changing the head unit it will sound great.

Yes, that is why I'm thinking about getting the SPS-609, it's not a high end speaker. They are on sale for $100 bucks.
High end speakers generally won't sound good with a factory stereo as high end speakers normally require an amp.

·
=]
nasa space shuttle
3,690 Posts
Driving them by the head unit. I would stick with the oem ones. You wont notice a different really since there isn't much power going to them. They might sound a bit clearer at higher volumes (less distorted) and they will probably give you a bit less bass since they require more watts while the oem ones have a low wattage rating and the factory head unit is designed to drive the speaker.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts