Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Toyota Camry
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i wanna know where can i get an HO alternator for a camry? A lot of the ones i've seen are only for GMs. So where can i get one?

·
N/A bites
Paseo
5,859 Posts
If you want to drive to Savannah GA I'll custom build you one and install it. I guarantee 200amps minimum but some have put out as much as 269amps.

·
That One Guy...
2001 Camry XLE
922 Posts
http://www.ohiogen.com/ has some.. you can also search on this site for one.. type alternator.. or if you have the 1mzfe engine you can buy a 2003 highlander alternator.. puts around 130 amps which is good for most common systems.. but the best advice i can give is to just search around.. sometimes there will be group buys on forums or you could get a rebuild strong alternator..

·
That One Guy...
2001 Camry XLE
922 Posts
geez tercel.. if id of know that i would have came to you haha.. jk too far for me.. but i would love to have 200+ amps. my highlander alternator seems to be shelling out within like 6 months of use.. lights are begining to dim and only getting worse.. i think im gonna have it rebuilt to put out more power.. but you seem like your a alternator guru haha

·
Registered
1998 Toyota Camry
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well see im gonna be running about 5000 watts on the whole system. Do you rebuild them? If you do I can send u my alternator.

·
Registered
1998 Toyota Camry
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nah that's just an estimate. I want about 3000 to the 15s, about 1600 to the mids and im not sure yet what im gonna run to the highs but yea around 5k.

·
Audiophile on a budget
1,196 Posts
Y0tA _CaM said:
nah that's just an estimate. I want about 3000 to the 15s, about 1600 to the mids and im not sure yet what im gonna run to the highs but yea around 5k.
And what sorta equipment are we talking about...? :rolleyes:

3000 to what 15s? What amp?
1600 to what mids? What amp?

I have a RIDICULOUS system and I have slightly less than 1500 watts of continuous power @ 4 ohm @ 12V.

I highly DOUBT, you'll be ANYWHERE close.

If you're looking for a h/o alternator, check out:

http://www.excessiveamperage.com/

or

http://www.iraggialternator.com/

·
Registered
96 maxima SE 5-spd
112 Posts
do any of these alternators mess up the idle RPM?? possibly make it higher than normal?

·
That One Guy...
2001 Camry XLE
922 Posts
oo damn sienna's have it too!? what years have the 1mzfe.. ? may trade mine in for that kind if they are the same.. because the highlader one i found is almost about to shell out..

btw the new alternators will make your engine purr like a kitten at low rpm's most likely.. wont do anything bad thats for sure!

oo and yota_cam.. your listing max power.. that is definatly not even close to what you will be putting out.. no matter what kinda you have.. it is possible.. but im going to assume you dont.. but the mids could never handle that much... subs maybe for one short second.. some subs can handle around that but that like the best ever sub.. btw i just wanted to let you know you put of a noobish impression by saying that but. ill act knowlegable and act like a gentlemen and tell you it isnt possible..

·
Registered
1998 Toyota Camry
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
2 15" L7's which hold 1000 rms each thats 2000 which i want to put about more than 1000 rms into each. Mids im going to be running 4 sets of kicker RMB8's or maybe 2 sets of 8s and 2 sets of 6.5s. the rmb8s hold 175 rms each supposedly 350 max. I still dont know which amps im going to be using. I want to know what r good amps for this stuff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts