Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
My T100, work in progress
96 T100
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a 96 4x4 and reallllly want to put altezzas on my truck. Now by looking around they dont exist. While in Carlisle, PA for a car show a dealer told me he has them but when I got home and called he said he didnt have anymore in stock and didnt know if he could get them. SO, here is my thought. I want people to look at it real close and flip pictures and everything. I know that there are many parts interchangable form the 86-96 4runner to the t100 but wonder if the lights will work too. I looked at both on ebay (many of them) and if you look at the older 4runner lights they look exactly like the t100 lights just upside down. So does anyone have any knowledge of this working or does anyone have both types vehicles that could check it out and see. If not, look at the 2 lenses and tell me what you think.

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,675 Posts
No...there are no aftermarket lights that will directly bolt into the T-100. Yer gonna have to make yer own. ;)

·
96 T100
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bam someone told me that I could flip the 4runner lights. If you look at the pic it looks possible but not sure. Wish I knew someone that had a runner to compare it to.

·
96 T100
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just want something different then the stockies. My buddies chevy has some nice stock tails on it which are all led. but yuk a chevy

·
ALSO AVAILABLE IN SOBER
7,457 Posts
Just messing with you. Does anybody have and LED offerings for your truck?

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,675 Posts
Since the T-100 market was only limited to North America (Canada and the USA), it would be very unlikely that someone would make Altezzas fer the T-100. If you go to yer local parts yard and ask to compare the 4Runner light to the T-100...you'll see some similarities but you'll find out that they just don't match up...even turned upside down or flipped from left to right. If you want something like Altezzas...yer gonna have to git some to tear apart and custom fit them to yer T-100. ;)

·
Mmmm Cookies....
iM
526 Posts
Please don't put these on your truck... I am the guy driving behind you trying to figure out if you are breaking or not... IMO these are worse than blacking out the lenses.
I have rarely seen aftermarket "altezzas" operate on a vehlice properly. They are never as bright as they should be or they look pink not red. Your insurance will cancel your policy if they discover you have non D.O.T. lens on your vehicle. Also bored cops can stop you and give you a ticket for them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts