Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damaged front end,sux! Was thinking about upgrading to aluminum, (Aluminess.com) less weight than steel , sturdier than stock. I don't go offroad so I want to avoid a steel winch bumper and the suspension issues due to the weight. Anyone have one? I would appreciate any and all opinons. Also will be replacing radiator and a/c condenser, so I would like to upgrade these as well. Looking at silla,denso, and american condenser. Any other brands I should consider? What's the best? Thanks everyone. 2006,dc,sb,trd o/r,4.0,auto

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks GTCOMA for pics. Most I've seen the fender well liner is trimmed back. I would black out everything behind it. I'm leaning towards no brush guard. At 85 lbs., I think it's a stout alternative to the flimsy stock bumper without the mass , while still gaining options for working the truck from the front.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I like the look of them, but how do you deal with the plastic in the fender wells? do you have to pull them out all together or can they be trimmed. these pics look bad with them sticking out.

It looks one size too big.

·
Registered
'07 Tacoma TRD Sport
43 Posts
I just had a thought about those "wings". They'd be perfect for a long travel Tacoma with glass fenders. The beef of a full front bumper combined with LT? I kinda like that idea.

I may have to look this company up again when I'm ready to buy a bumper.

·
Keep On Truckin'
'01 Tacoma PreRunner
45 Posts
We saw this post and we had to respond! The pictures you've posted are of one of our first prototypes for the Tacoma, which has since been re-designed and revised!
Hey, thanks for posting.
A few things I noticed are an apparent shift from using the stock fog lamps to an aftermarket type. Does the production bumper allow for the use of the stock lamps ?

How much does the plain bumper weigh, without the guards ?
Also, how does the bumper mount / what are mounting points ?

Definately a beefy looking bumper !!
:cool:

·
Registered
'07 Tacoma TRD Sport
43 Posts
How well do you think this bumper would hold up to an antelope or deer impact at 60mph compared to a traditional steel front bumper replacement?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Front Bumper (FJ Cruiser & Tacoma)
With Brush Guard
$1,250

The above is what is shown in your pictures right?

·
Of sturdy stock; fervent
169 Posts
I can certainly vouch for the sturdines of the Aluminess bumpers and of their fantastic customer service. I recently purchased front and rear bumpers from them for our Sportsmobile as well as a custom rack. Dave was extremenly professional and helpful in its design. I couldn't be happier with Aluminess.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I haven't heard someone say wicked awesome in a long a$$ time lol!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts