97 Posts
*smack* heh heh heh j/k :D

check the TRD webpage

looks like for camrys its only up to 2001 and for solaras 2002

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
They don't make them for the 2002 model but it has been put on a 2002 Camry before.

·
the architect
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i don't have the VVTi engine, mine is the lame 3.0... i mean its fun, yea, but i'd love to toss a SC on there!

oh well - guess the blue beast isn't gonna be getting any faster any time soon.. sure wish they'd offer some more aftermarket for my toy..

·
Traitor
332 Posts
UfoZ8myCow said:
They do for the 5SFE... RippModds. Or you can just swap a 1MZ in there and youre gold for a TRD S/C.
i have a 93 though...so i dont have the 1MZ...that would be dumb to swap another v6...cause a custom turbo set up would probably be cheaper than a swap + trd sc...right? or not?

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
psyjoniz said:
then why can't my car take one?... its a 1mzfe engine, whats the problem?... :(
Did you just ignore what I said above? Someone has already done it. I forgot the guys name but he has the same model year Camry as you before they switched it to VVTI and he added the Supercharger. I am not sure if he encountered any problems but his car is definitely TRD supercharged. Last time I remember seeing him was on the teamsc3 boards(www.camryclub.org).

·
Registered
54 Posts
I might attempt to supercharge my 96 Camry V6 LE, even though the supercharger was designed for the 97-00. Dunno if it would be worth it to sell the 96 and buy a 97-00, though.

·
Resident slacker
2015 Highlander
559 Posts
trdcamry2003 said:
His name is roysan. He has a 2002 1mz without vvti. It can be done.
Exactly. The biggest differences that I could see getting in the way are the ECU and the Drive-by-Wire system.

I don't think anyone's even really tried the VVT-i engine...

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
psyjoniz said:
cool, thanks for all the feedback. i'll see if i can't track down the guy who did it on the gen5. any clue if he had to ditch the stock hood?
Kept it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts