Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
‘91 Camry
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I redid pretty much all the vents and installed a whole new ac system that came with the car when I bought it. While getting to the evap core I decided to strip off all the old foam and crap in the vents and lubed all the joints I could (I have the cable operated controls). I’ve got the hvac boxes all back in place and the new foam is doing great. I’m not entirely done yet, so that means the lower panels are all still off. I don’t have the ac working yet, but when I have the ac settings on “cold” I can still feel the heat from the heater core. I don’t remember being able to feel the heat before. That’s why I ask if I’m just dumb or crazy. The whole time I’ve owned the car the ac hasn’t worked, but I’ve just been putting off installing the parts.
Thank god I took pictures of most this stuff. I was wondering if my heater box looks right on the inside to those of you who have taken yours apart before. I’ve been pretty overwhelmed this past week with finals and family stuff and then also working on the ac. I may have missed something when I was doing everything. Thanks in advance
Hood Automotive lighting Bumper Tableware Automotive exterior

Hood Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Vehicle

·
Toyota Collector
12,161 Posts
You've dug deeper into the HVAC system than I ever have. There are two facets to heat in the cabin, the blend door and heater control valve I'm guessing the blend door is not in the correct position.

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
9,089 Posts
You've dug deeper into the HVAC system than I ever have. There are two facets to heat in the cabin, the blend door and heater control valve I'm guessing the blend door is not in the correct position.
That's definitely it. I couldn't help with details though.

The heater slider will control the blend door and the heater valve.

-Charlie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts