Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to report back a success. I've had my 92 4cyl Camry for about a year and a half. It had 420,000 km on it when I got it but had been meticulously maintained. I had my first no start issue with it on Friday - cranked fine, but no start. I checked fuses and found AM2 blown - replaced it and it blew again immediately. Did a google search and found the suggestion that it could be a blown condenser in the distributor - a radio suppression condenser #191133-16240. Suggestion was that the wire could be snipped for a temporary fix. Well, it worked. The wire is on the front of the car side of the coil and leads in towards the engine. There is a screw on the ouside of the distributor housing that holds the condenser in. While I was in there I noticed a little bit of oil, so I guess it's time to replace the O - ring.

Ron
92 Camry, 4 cyl, auto, 454,000 km
near Brantford, ON, Can

·
Toy Camry
15 Posts
Hi Ron,

Great work finding the solution so quickly, the resources of the internet are priceless !

I have a '92 Camry that just turned 460K. I'm excited about the prospect of watching it turn 500 (I've never had a vehicle with that many km's).

I've had lots of experience with these 5SFE Camry's and absolutely love them.

If I can be of any help don't hesitate to contact me,

Camray

·
Registered
6 Posts
im havin the same AM2 fuse problem with my 92 previa. where would this radio suppression condensor be located on my previa??

·
Registered
6 Posts
its the fuse that supplies power to the ignition system, and the fuel pump. its located by the main fusable links next to the battery....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts