Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
not actual size
Camry
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This came into the shop yesterday. Personally I find it a little amazing and quite a bit overdone.

Big pimpin'.

Those are 305/30/24 tires on that thing. I have no idea what sort of suspension he's done, but I can't imagine what it's like going over train tracks.

I guess he's going for a blend of style+offroad. Pain in the ass to get in and out of the car.

I just don't understand people sometimes.

·
Boss Honky
2,703 Posts
Got to give him props on fitting 24'son that thing......Is that a 74 Caprice Classic convertible?

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
Where do you work? It looks like a wood/mill/something but it dosn't look like a garage thats for sure. Yet you get cars like this in it?

·
not actual size
Camry
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not hatin' precisely, I just think it's a little overboard :) Maybe if he had a nice system in it I'd be more willin' to give props. As it is, it's just the 24s, some pod component speakers, and an alarm.

I work at as the computer guy at an audio shop. For now. Yeah, the back garage is nutso. My boss has all sorts of crap back there ranging from wood to PVC to metal conduit to just about any sort of lifting equipment you could desire. Including a lift for to work on my car :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
so how often does snoop come by your shop?

·
Sleeper-still sleeping
474 Posts
brink said:

Mostly it's street pharmacists and wannabe pimps.
:lol:

but......:eek: ....those things are HUGE!

·
Ms. Gayle (aka Jew-Lo)
236 Posts
that much chrome should be outlawed- its alike a accident waiting to happen too bad ther isnt pink fuzzy interier with dice that would be the ultimate
[]D [] []V[] []D mobile!

·
Registered
99 camry le v6
148 Posts
thats tight. out here (sf bay area) we call those scrapers. i saw a particularly nice one last week. it was a 80ish impala with candy apple paint and pretty much the same rim. those things are as high as most suv's with those rims.

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
Shit, I used to want to get a low-low. THen i realized i didn't have the funds for chrome and gold. And hydraulics...

So i decided i'll get a race car.

·
Traitor
332 Posts
brink said:
Not as often as one would hope, alas.

Mostly it's street pharmacists and wannabe pimps.
street pharmacists...thats a great way to put it...do they try to sell to you?

·
Sweet n' Lowdown
2006 Scion tC
16,189 Posts
lol. :disappoin ^^
building a good lookin race car is way more expensive.

When you're into bling the only rhyme and/or reason is the bigger and flashier the better.
Your money goes to only what you can see and hear, there is no suspension work done to a car like this. The only object is to cram as big of a wheel as you can in to the wheel well.

There's a 96 cutlass I see around here with like 22's or something. It sits almost 2 feet off the ground but he thinks he's a pimp. :dunno:

...whatever floats your boat I guess...

·
Owner of Prius V & others
00 Solara - 07 Vitz
2,054 Posts
Can or does any one want to try and count how many spokes are on those?

I'm going to guess and say 100!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts