Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would happen if an American was pulled over in Canada and given a ticket?

Could you choose not to pay it...making you a wanted person if you returned to Canada?

How does it work?

·
Doh!
138 Posts
If you don't pay it we hunt you down and pelt you with timbits till you do.

Actually i think some states have a clause that they will send it to the dmv so when it is time to renew your licence you will have to pay the fine

·
In Ur MOM's Pants
2,882 Posts
when i got mine from NY i had to pay and i lose dimerit points cause most states have a clause with ontario making all out of state violations affective here

if U dont pay they have warrent out for your arrest.. i know cause i got a letter so pay the fuckin thing cause if U get caught in the other country again U fucked so hard and no canadian lawyer is gonna wonna back ur ass up

so PAY IT

·
Not so noob anymore
130 Posts
I've "heard" that Cdn's given tickets in the USA may be stopped at the border if they have unpaid tickets.

Going the other way, I've spoken to a few people (and my ex from the US got a ticket here once), and they suggested nothing would happen. I paid her ticket anyways, just to be on the safe side.

·
In Ur MOM's Pants
2,882 Posts
jus pay the damn thing .. how expensive can it be

U cant beat mine 400USD that was 500something canadian

FUCKIN A:disappoin rippin me off and teasing me with suck nice smooth curvy roads

·
S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
They can't ticket me for any mods done to my car that might be illegeal in Canada right?

·
Registered
233 Posts
in theory you don't have to pay for a ticket in any state, except where you're registered, it's just if they catch you again you might have a problem so it's better to pay it

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Nice theory except the insurance companies run your car and drivers license before updating your insurance rates each year. A wanted man in 6 states for unpaid fines and bench warrants wouldn't impress the insurance company's renewal agent.

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
Ya.... I'm pretty sure it works like running from the cops. If you run to Mexico... you are okay from the US Police... until the fedaralies get you.... and put you in Mexian rape me in the ass prison. I somehow think that if you go to Canada they can come after you though... so my bet is that in the long run... you will have to pay it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts