Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason there seems to be A LOT of used US Siennas up here for sale at dealerships. Any reason why?
Besides the odometer reading miles and the speedometer reading MPH as the prominent numbers (km/h smaller below). No big deal - I can live with that. Should I be weary of these US models in Canada? As long as they have no declarations (I can check with CarFax), is there any other reason to be weary of these US models? They seem to be a tad cheaper than their used Canadian counterpart.
I am specifically looking at 2004 or 2006.

·
Registered
586 Posts
For some reason there seems to be A LOT of used US Siennas up here for sale at dealerships. Any reason why?
Besides the odometer reading miles and the speedometer reading MPH as the prominent numbers (km/h smaller below). No big deal - I can live with that. Should I be weary of these US models in Canada? As long as they have no declarations (I can check with CarFax), is there any other reason to be weary of these US models? They seem to be a tad cheaper than their used Canadian counterpart.
I am specifically looking at 2004 or 2006.
The reason for a lot of them is that they were cheaper to import than buying a used Canadian model (moreso before the dollar dropped to $.80). Keep in mind that the resale/trade is well below the similar Canadian model. Ie 4 years from now if you trade it it'll be worth much less. Nothing inherently wrong otherwise especially if you are keeping the car till it dies. I wouldn't buy one from a non dealer though. Buy one from a new car dealer that also sells used cars. I'd also check into the hidden features that may not exist in US vehicles. Like does the car have heated mirrors or not etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, one of the 'hidden' features not found in the LE model in the US is rear disc brakes and alloy wheels - it is an option in the US, but standard on LE's in Canada!

·
Registered
27 Posts
As brendwal stated, you do have to be careful to compare apples with apples as the trims are not always the same. However there are also options on US models not available in Canada (FWD LTD, front and rear parking sensors, HIDs (actually I'm not sure if these are available in Canada or not), etc).

The price is the obvious reason - they are still quite a bit cheaper in the US (they were tons cheaper).

We have a US one (bought in the US and imported it ourselves) and are very happy with our purchase.

The one thing I would be a bit more hesitant about buying these specific ones is that many are rental returns and I'm not crazy about buying a rental return (my father-in-law works for AVIS and they now keep there cars until the manufacturers warranty runs (e.g. usually 60k or 80k) and according to him, the cars he rents out do not get ANY oil changes until they are sold at auction).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts