Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2006 Camry Base
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2/20/07/All Sorted Thanks for everyone, I ended up going through the rubber boot right under the steering wheel I posted pics if anyone will have questions hopefully it'll clear it up for other newbies like me haha
2 of the pics can be found at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2553890 near the bottom
thanks everyone!

I'm running a power wire through the inside of my car but need help on getting it in there, I've looked around all camry threads seems the easiest/least obtrusive way would be "through the boot" where the stock wiring goes through behind the glove box...
now my question how do i get it through there the rubber seems really tight and I dont think there's a way to take it out reasonably ... and where does it come out on the inside because I was looking but couldn't find a damn thing...
if possible pics appreciated I've only seen one example and it wasn't particularly clear...
thank you!

·
I'm Cam'd Up
93 Camry Sedan
128 Posts
Poke a new hole in it.

a sharp object a little smaller then the wire then push wire through to get nice tight seal.

I think on gen five you have to take out the glove box to see it then run it down the passenger side door sills

sorry no pics

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have a gen 6 now, but I know on my last toyota a while back, there were a couple of plugs on the firewall covering holes for various optional equiptment. I used the hole that was opened when I added the Toyota factory alarm.

·
Registered
04 CAMRY LE
1,123 Posts
NO need to go through that at all. you can go through an opening goes through the firewall. I believe its for the steering column..but i haven't touched it in a long time to remember.. It'll fit cuz i put a 0AWG.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I actually went through the rubber boot that you guys are talking about. But what i did is there are two rubber "nipples" that are used to pull the boot out. I just clipped the end off the left one and stuck the wire right through there. It fit perfectly. That's easiest way that I found.

·
Registered
04 CAMRY LE
1,123 Posts
The rubber boot is not behind the glove box. THe one i used it near the power steering fluid area. and goes into the cabin of the car near the pedals

·
=]
nasa space shuttle
3,690 Posts
i also used that same "rubbber boot" in my 04 and 07 :lol: i didnt take the glove box out tho and it was a pain to find the wire but once i did it was simple runing the pwr cable

·
Registered
293 Posts
Webb26 said:
The rubber boot is not behind the glove box. THe one i used it near the power steering fluid area. and goes into the cabin of the car near the pedals
It was behind the steering area in mine too. I first inserted a straightened coat hanger into the hole from the engine side, then grabbed a hold of it from the drivers side. I taped the power wire to the hanger on the engine side, and then just pulled the hanger through to the car. Once you have the power wire in the car, hiding it and getting it to the trunk is simple.

·
2006 Camry Base
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you guys just confused me some more :-D I usually read up on stuff before I do something to make sure it comes out like it's supposed to be first time around now there's just more options than I expected once again hehe, I will take a look on both passenger and driver's side i guess see what will work best, thank's for everyone's input I'll try to take pics as I go along if anyone needs this stuff in the future
Thanks everyone!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts